Suspension Koni Or Bilstein

That's going to be the description of mine if I don't do something soon. I at least need to take it out and run half the tank down. New gas, more Stabil, and should be good for the winter. Oil drain and refill for kicks.
Winter is when I like to drive mine the most. It's almost unbearable to sit in during the summer or heaven forbid wrench on with the Florida humidity.

All boob and weather related talk aside has anyone used koni orange struts? I'm probably going to drop a grand getting the front end done right and I would rather not have to do it twice.

• Sponsors (?)

In all honesty the worn bushings/joints/springs in my front end could have a lot to do with my dislike for my tokicos. Just seems that they have worn an awful lot for a car that has spent the majority of its time tucked into the garage.

Yes, don't discount balljoints and bushings as a source of ride harshness that won't be fixed by just replacing the struts.

I wasn't aware shocks themselves could cause rattling. I was under the impression the connection points to the car were all essentially the same. Now CC plates and different coil over kits, those I've known to make noise.

I ran the bilsteins and the koni 3 way adjustables, as far as messing up the settings, pretty much anyone can navigate 3 settings...

I do kinda agree that at a point shocks for a street car are set it and forget it.
With that said, I ran the koni's on the stiffest setting for a couple years, then the medium setting, then the softest (where they stayed).
The softest setting unquestionably rode better than the bilsteins, i'd say they were closer to the stiffest.

So while adjustables may not get adjusted a lot after you find how you like it, it's nice to have a choice for a modest $50 difference in price.

Could you get whatever ride you prefer with a non adjustable? Likely, as long as you know what the set you are buying rides and handles like. Good luck with that.

Double adjustables is what I would avoid. Most people (including myself) would probably make things worse than better.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user