kooks headers ?

Hey guys

Got my new stainless kooks the other day. I noticed that tube 5 (front passengers) has been cut and welded. At first I thought they must have to do that for some reason and I probably won't see it after install. Well the more I look at it, the more I dislike it. For almost $1000.00, I cannot see any reason I have one tube that is welded together. I also think it will be visible when installed.

Just wondering if they do this to all 94/95 #5 tubes or did They just decide to give it to me to save them a few bucks cause someone messed up?

View attachment 398647
View attachment 398649

• Sponsors (?)

I have the 351 swap headers and I don't think they're welded there. They are welded here,
100_0559.JPG

Attachments

• 100_0559.JPG
    100_0559.JPG
    218.1 KB · Views: 86
I have the 351 swap headers and I don't think they're welded there. They are welded here,
100_0559.JPG

Mine are 351 swap headers also but tubes 1-4 on the drivers side are fine. someone on another forum told me to pour lime away on the weld and at least it will get rid of the discoloration.

I don't see why if they can make some without the weld, they can't make them all that way. For that kind of money especially. Bye the way, you wanna trade #5 tubes...:D

Attachments

• 100_0559.JPG
    100_0559.JPG
    218.1 KB · Views: 70
Man those headers are waaayyy overpriced, they better look perfect for that kind of money. The unsightly welds make them look like crap.

Its not that the are overpriced, its that there are not a lot of options if you want larger swap headers specifically for 94/95's They are very nice except for the welded tube. Collectors are wellmade and fit perfect. Just the damn weld.

Here is the reply I received from Kooks. Not much satisfaction.

These are custom headers. Each header is made by hand one at a time so sometimes there is a difference in manufacturing process, but it still has the same function form and fit as in anything else that we make.

Thanks,

Danielle Kryssing

Kooks Custom Headers

866-586-5665 Toll Free

Mine are 351 swap headers also but tubes 1-4 on the drivers side are fine. someone on another forum told me to pour lime away on the weld and at least it will get rid of the discoloration.

I don't see why if they can make some without the weld, they can't make them all that way. For that kind of money especially. Bye the way, you wanna trade #5 tubes...:D

Lime away is some awesome stuff, I highly recommend it.

I'll gladly trade you headers! :D Mine look like crap now, they're starting to rust and have oil baked onto them. I'll be sending them out to Jet-Hot when I get the $$$.

Here is the reply I received from Kooks. Not much satisfaction.

These are custom headers. Each header is made by hand one at a time so sometimes there is a difference in manufacturing process, but it still has the same function form and fit as in anything else that we make.

Thanks,

Danielle Kryssing

Kooks Custom Headers

866-586-5665 Toll Free

I have never been very pleased with their customer service.

EEK!

BTW, I have flo-tech headers and heat wrapped too. Looked at them and No problems with rust at all after 3 years. They were $139. I bet if I wasn't satisfied with them, summit would have sent me a new pair..

New email reply.
Guess i will be returning #5

If you would like to send the #5 tube back we will send out a new one. Other options of you don’t like the look. (I think it looks perfect) Either hit with scotch brite pad once then hit with little stainless polish it will look mint.

Regards,
Danielle Kryssing
Kooks Custom Headers
866-586-5665 Toll Free