Krylon Fusion

94GTLaserRC

Squint as you approach, lest you be blinded by my
15 Year Member
Thanks to 1105 :nice: for the Tip on the Krylon Fusion. This stuff is new and we have a big feature of it at Walmart for $3.97. I had painted my Saleen bezels using 2 coats of primer (with sanding) and 2 coats ext. black. Stuff lasted about 1 month.

Im finna try this Krylon Fusion (Krylon should pay us to adv the product)
RC

615075Krylon.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Hey Laser..How's that fusion paint holding up on your tail covers? I was thinking about using that stuff to paint my saleen covers but am not sure how well it'll match my black UA paint, or how well it would hold up in the long run. Do they make fusion clear coat also? Deciding between the fusion route or just having them painted professionally.

94GTLaserRC said:
Thanks to 1105 :nice: for the Tip on the Krylon Fusion. This stuff is new and we have a big feature of it at Walmart for $3.97. I had painted my Saleen bezels using 2 coats of primer (with sanding) and 2 coats ext. black. Stuff lasted about 1 month.

Im finna try this Krylon Fusion (Krylon should pay us to adv the product)
RC
Thanks RC :) Yea that stuff worked great on my bezels, I sanded mine lightly with 400 grit then sprayed 2 coats of Fusion on them and they lasted for quite awhile until I got my car repainted, and even then they looked like they did when I first sprayed it on. I also painted the "Mustang GT" on my rear bumper with help from oink with the Fusion paint too and stuck to it great.

Nik_92Stang said:
Hey Laser..How's that fusion paint holding up on your tail covers? I was thinking about using that stuff to paint my saleen covers but am not sure how well it'll match my black UA paint, or how well it would hold up in the long run. Do they make fusion clear coat also? Deciding between the fusion route or just having them painted professionally.
SO far, SO good.

The black is kinda glossy, so you dont need clear.
Also, sand them down first with light grit.
I also put on 2 light coats, let them dry a couple of days, lightly sanded them, THEN repainted 3 coats...the last coat you can go a little heavier to get the shine.

RC

1105 said:
got any pictures yet RC so we can see how they turned out? btw... how long did it take you to tape off the lenses?
Here you go....
Sorry about the arm shadow...I was trying to block the glare...it's bright out there today.

I did NOT tape the lenses..I just removed the bezel..painted...then reapplied the sticky 3M stuff.

RC

looks good RC... i dont think i'll be re-doing mine... black stripes along with black tail lights might be a little too much for the eyes.

*edit* whats that sticky 3M stuff you used? wish i would have known about it when i painted mine

1105 said:
looks good RC... i dont think i'll be re-doing mine... black stripes along with black tail lights might be a little too much for the eyes.

*edit* whats that sticky 3M stuff you used? wish i would have known about it when i painted mine

Double-sided 3M tape, OR the double-sided body molding tape...found in the AUTO paint/Sandpaper section at Walmart....ALWAYS LOW PRICES...ALWAYS!

RC