Kumho Ecstas... Bleh!

302GTS

If you need herpes, I'm your man!
Apr 20, 2009
Largo, FL
I went to Disney on Tuesday with my girlfriend and her family. On the way there, I picked up a bolt in my right rear tire. Went through the sidewall and out the tread area. Luckily, it didn't leave an air leak, and I actually ended up driving 90 miles home on it (while constantly pulling over to check pressure). :rlaugh: The tires that were on the rear were a set of Sumitomo HTR+'s that had been on for around 15k miles - they were getting kind of worn out by this time, so I didn't mind replacing them. Found a set of Kumho Ecstas on Tire Rack for only $82 per tire! Ordered a set and had them put on yesterday... Terrible tires! :notnice: Quiet as a mouse, but I can't even hook in first gear even with BRAND NEW tires! :nono: In the rain they weren't too bad, but I can still spin them through third granny shifting into each gear one at a time. Anyone have any experiences with these tires? I wish I could have gotten some 275's, but I need me some wider rims. Pony rims just don't cut it. :notnice::(

• Sponsors (?)