Labor Cost To Install Mustang Ii Front Suspension

mikec35

Jul 6, 2004
NC
I've been away from my project for a couple of years... divorce, moving...and now I am getting excited to get started again. My 67 FB Shelby clone is in need of a front suspension upgrade. What kind of ballpark figure would I look at to have a Mustang II front suspension installed ( Labor only ). The car is a rolling shell and I would like to do this before it is painted. Thanks...

• Sponsors (?)

Hey,

It is costing me about $1000 to have the R&C kit installed. This is by a friend, who is charging me $30/hr, and includes sandblasting and painting the engine bay, welding in the cover panels, and dropping the motor in. Most rod shops would probably cost more.

Depending on your skills, you might be able to do a lot of it yourself. Seriously, I think I could have done it myself. The biggest hassle I didn't want to deal with was removing the shock towers, as I didn't have a plasma cutter. A torch would work though.

sawzall and a grinder would work on the shock towers (I'd probably drill the spot welds to start and cut what wouldn't come out). After doing metal work myself, if you have the time and patience I bet you could do it if you are mechanically inclined. The kits come with good instructions, probably won't save a ton of money after you buy the tools, however your skill set will have grown tremendously.

I did mine myself. It took about a day to get things cut out, spot welds drilled, everything ground down nice and neat. The RC install was one of the simplest things i have ever done. The video that comes with it makes it so easy. If you can weld give it a shot. its all just measure and tripple check. Honestly, it dropps in so easy, you will think you did it wrong. I think i have a thread on here from when i did mine.