Lambo doors, what is the best hinges you can buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyldpny

Jun 1, 2007
Ever since I was a teenager and saw a poster of a Lamborghini Countach with the doors up I was hooked on that look. Since it looks like I might not ever have my own Countach, that doesn't mean I can't have a piece of that with one of my cars :)

So, I am about to take the plunge and get Lambo door hinges for my '01 GT vert. I like the fact that you get your cake and eat it too. The hinges as most people know allow you to open the door "normally" if you don't want to raise them up, but when you want to....
Anyway, I was going to order a set from Lambo Door USA as they are selling the hinges for 1994-2004 Mustangs currently at only $459. That is obviously the best deal I have seen to date on a set of direct bolt on Lambo hinges.
However, in the process of finding a place to install them, I find out about this guy in the next town up from me locally in Aguadilla, a man by the name of Albert, who works at a place called International Sound Center and Wheel Distributor. I was told that they will install any set of hinges you own or can sell and install a set they offer, but what I wasn't told and quickly discovered when I drove to the store today is that this guy makes the hinges on site himself from scratch. He makes them out of solid steel and uses three beefy hydraulic shock struts and heavy duty adjustment/angle bolts. He creates them by hand on site specifically for your car and they are rock solid. He said if I bring my car in in the morning and I can pick it up all done by the afternoon. He said they will even paint them so they look factory making it a truly complete install and ready for the road when you pick up your car.
I watched him actually make part of a set for a car he was doing while I was there and I have to say he is nothing less than a fabricating genius. He looks to be only around 25 to 30. He said you can drive down the highway with the doors up and they are not wobbly and won't blow down and after seeing the hinges first hand I believe it. All the other hinges I have seen by the various manufacturers all work ok but will quickly have adjustment issues over a short amount of time, and at some point if not babied and kept constantly adjusted will rub and damage your fenders, not close the door properly, wobble badly, etc. This guys hinges are solid and like the others mount in the stock hinge locations so no modifications to the car other than swapping the hinges. I watched in amazement as they installed a set on a car and they are better quality than anything I have seen to date. He is charging $900. installed which I think for the incredible quality and craftsmanship is a pretty damn good deal.

However, before I actually spend my hard earned money on any set of hinges, I just want to make sure there isn't some other hinge/brand out there that I should consider.
So, anyone on here who has some experience with or even better has a set of Lambo hinges installed, can you post details and even pics as well if possible?
Assuming I go with Albert's, I just have to wait my turn on his long waiting list to get in
Can you tell I can't wait to get Lambo hinges? :D

So, lets see those Lambo door pics...

• Sponsors (?)

Ok, can I have replies from just people who can actually offer "helpful" advice and related pics. If you don't like Lambo style hinges thats fine and I have no problem with you or anyone not liking them. To each his own. But if you read the thread title this thread is not asking if you like them or not. If you don't, thats great, but please don't post that you don't and why and/or post goofy Lambo pics as I am seriously looking for opinions on what are the best hinges to buy and images of actual Mustangs with them installed, not opinions on who doesn't like them and why and silly pictures. Thanks :)

I think i'll make a thread about trying to locate a penis shaped cold air intake, then complain about all the hate.
If you need some insight on lambo doors, log onto stangpede club forums, i'm not kididng here - they all have em.

Ok, can I have replies from just people who can actually offer "helpful" advice and related pics. If you don't like Lambo style hinges thats fine and I have no problem with you or anyone not liking them. To each his own. But if you read the thread title this thread is not asking if you like them or not. If you don't, thats great, but please don't post that you don't and why and/or post goofy Lambo pics as I am seriously looking for opinions on what are the best hinges to buy and images of actual Mustangs with them installed, not opinions on who doesn't like them and why and silly pictures. Thanks :)

Go to www.mustang world.com and (take out the space) - there are lots of guys into that kind of rice- err, mods :rlaugh:

Oh yeah! Youre the sticker guy that has no sense of humor. Here, try this View attachment 314329

you wont get any response on them here. they are more for the ricer crowd. (all show, no go) mustangworld might be a better place to ask.

I'm actually an avid Mustangworld poster. Trust me when i tell you they make fun of rice more than this site. This is actually tame compared to what they would say there.

wyldpny, in all seriousness, i doubt you might find maybe 1 or 2 owners here who have lambo doors. They are generally not liked by the Mustang crowd and thought of more as an import scene thing. But if you want them go for them...just be aware of the type of response you will see from them. Import/custom car guys will love em...mustang guys will not.

But seriously, not many here have them so you may not get an answer to your question at all

Wow, feels more like I am on a teenagers myspace site then a serious car forum.
I guess bashing and joking is more common here than getting any real actual help?
Guess I will have to find a more helpful stang forum. Sorry if I wasted anyones time here.

I guess bashing and joking is more common here than getting any real actual help?
Guess I will have to find a more helpful stang forum. Sorry if I wasted anyones time here.

this is a serious MUSTANG forum. you cant get butthurt because ppl dont like riced out mustangs.

Wow, I am LOOKING FOR A teenagers myspace site MORE then a serious car forum.
I guess bashing and joking is more common here than getting any real actual help? for these types of questions, YES!!
Guess I will have to find a more helpful stang forum. Sorry if I wasted anyones time here.it's ok, this is really entertaining

while i'm at it

Embossed sport bra, who sells them?

:rlaugh::lol:

You're asking a question on the level with other subjects that do exactly nothing like muffler bearings and blinker fluid - so yes it's going to turn into that type of thread. Ask teenager questions, get teenager responses.
Search for the word: cams, injectors, 13" brakes, traction problems, or even just error code, plz help. Won't see any joking around going on in there. So that represents a controlled experiment, with the variable that equates to nonsense being you - not us.

Don't get your balls in a bunch wyldpny. You were given serious responses along with the little bit of "ribbing" you received. If you can't take a little ball busting now and then, I suggest you sign out of the internet altogether and lock yourself in your room. :shrug:

I see three post in this thread directed to sites where you might find what you're looking for. What more help can we give you? Like it was previously stated, this kind of set up is not generally popular here, so you're not going to get the responses you're looking for. It's not just a matter of people not liking them, there's literally next to nobody here who's got the set up for them to post pictures of it for you.

Don't get your balls in a bunch wyldpny. You were given serious responses along with the little bit of "ribbing" you received. If you can't take a little ball busting now and then, I suggest you sign out of the internet altogether and lock yourself in your room. :shrug:

I see three post in this thread directed to sites where you might find what you're looking for. What more help can we give you? Like it was previously stated, this kind of set up is not generally popular here, so you're not going to get the responses you're looking for. It's not just a matter of people not liking them, there's literally next to nobody here who's got the set up for them to post pictures of it for you.
+1, stangpede.com i don't think you even have to register to ask a question in their forums. They are regional experts on the matter

Cruizin Concepts

It sounds pretty cool to me... There aren't to many people out there that have the experience in custom fabrication work to that level. I would say if he is as good as you say then he could indeed be the man...

However, another thing to keep in mind is that the big name manufactures like Vertical Doors Inc spend tens of thousands of dollars on research and development and they make vertical door systems that are patented due to the amount of money they spend on insuring these products work perfectly for the application. In other words when you have large amounts of funding and time going into expert engineers making your products you don't want anyone else duplicating it for free basically.

Its tough to really say. I mean the other VDK manufacture you mentioned doesn't even sound familiar to me and I work for Cruizin Concepts which sells direct bolt on vertical doors systems. There are allot of brands out there and the cheapest price doesn't even mean the cheapest price installed or better yet the best kit installed.......

For $900 bucks, I would give the guy a shot personally. Its tough to believe a guy like this can produce a better product than the largest VDK manufacture in the world - but just maybe he has something that should be tried.

I say if you have seen his cars with these hinges in action, that should be enough for you to go ahead and buy them. We sell the direct bolt on VDK's for 1299 and thats by the company that essentially invented the whole after market concept to begin with and you are getting a better price for the part installed.

I SAY DO IT and enjoy your doors. Never pay $400 for something like that because it will be junk.

Hey by the way, are they dual action? I mean do they still open both factory style and vertical style? Our vertical doors systems open both ways. They open factory style and Vertical style. Most people that buy vertical doors wont use that feature all the time anyway. Its just for show.

Visit us online at: http://www.cruizinconcepts.com
cruizinlargebanner4.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.