lambo doors

• Sponsors (?)

Don't do it. I helped my son put them on his 03 GT Vert and they were nothing but trouble. He went thru 3 sets of struts and was continually adjusting them. He finally took them off because they were starting to screw up the paint. Also something to consider, you have to cut your wiring for both doors and extend it by 24 inches. The doors also have to swing out before you can raise them and they only swing out about a third of what they normally do. Needless to say, people are always trying to open them fully and it isn't a good thing to be yanking on your doors.

'67 - That's the kind of answers I'm interested in hearing. What brand system did your son have on his car? Do you think if he went with a different brand (a possibly better system) he might have had a better outcome? I've been reading up on these systems for year or so. It seems PMP makes a direct bolt-on system just for Mustangs. I've been interested in hearing from people who have direct knowledge and have direct experience with these systems for the cons that have been brought up and other problems that might not be as obvious. I've got an '04 Mach 1 by the way. I personally think they look cool, but I don't want to trash my vehicle. Thanx, Dave

I almost looked at a set of these for a Corvette C5 Z06. On that car it almost looks good as it has small doors with upswept curves at the rear of the door. I'm afraid this is the equivalent of putting a scissor door on a barn - ultimately pointless. I've seen some of these on an SN95 and Fox Mustang and thought they looked pretty stupid. It's a novelty for about 5 seconds. Because they also swing out as they swing up, they don't really have any great advantage over normal-opening doors.

I recently had the pleasure of observing them in action on a Murcielago and they do look good on that as it's exotic to start with but it's no easier to get in the car even though the shape of the car means the side windows lean in allowing the door to go straight up.

In short, one looks like a jet fighter with the canopy up, the other looks like a beetle with it's wings open.