lambo doors

Bornstanger said:
plus the fact that everybody say to spend the cash on performance mods 1st. well not everbody likes to go with performance 1st. or they go with a little performance, a little show, and then back to performance again.
yeah i went the suspension route first, i must be a ricer. the engine is bone stock.

00s281sc368 - I wanna see a vid of your getting out of that, looks like you're gonna bang your shins on the bottom corner

• Sponsors (?)

Newbie143 said:
LOOOL hooters yah good point. your right, but see the kit i was gonna get only opens upwards.to be honest i never knew they open sideways aswell !!! :shrug:
good info , thank you

yea im not sure if all kits do that but if you were to buy one id get one that does that. thats why when i do buy one i want to see if anyones tried so ill know for sure it opens both ways. im sure it all depends on the manufactuar that sells these things though.
00s281sc368 said:
I like mine... Everyone I see gets impressed of the car.
They still open a normal way when I go to safeway...
dsc01062_copy.jpg

Does yours open both ways or just one way?

DoubleONegative said:
they are called Gull-Wing doors at least thats what they called them in the 80s when i worshipped the Lamboghini Countach

and yes they are gay on all cars exept he Lambos and DeLoreans

Except now Mercedes doesn't really use those doors and Lamboghini is basically the only company that does. A few others have derivations thereof such as the Keonesegg (sp?)

Red2000GT said:
If putting something on my car that came from a $250,000++ vehicle is RICE,then smack my ass and call me Hung Foo Sho!!!

Its taken out of context through, this is why I kind of object the meaningless hood scoops on our cars, but that isn't really a signature thing. I liken lambo doors on a mustang to someone putting on a Ferrari horse in place of their Mustang pony.

mat82284 said:
yea im not sure if all kits do that but if you were to buy one id get one that does that. thats why when i do buy one i want to see if anyones tried so ill know for sure it opens both ways. im sure it all depends on the manufactuar that sells these things though.

Does yours open both ways or just one way?

Thanks for the S7 little sister :D

To answer all, yes the kit opens both ways. It has too, because it uses the stock doors and locks. It has to open a normal way first, but not as far as the stock hinge, then you choose to lift up the door or not.

As far as pricing and kits, I believe there is only one bolt-on kit out there on the market. It's made by PureMustangPerformance and you can buy from them directly, but they also oem to many places (abc exclusive, mrbodykit...). Either way the price is more or less the same, around $1800...

Here is another pic, you can see how much the door opens before you lift it up verticaly...
dsc01066_copy.jpg

00s281sc368 said:
Here is another pic, you can see how much the door opens before you lift it up verticaly...
dsc01066_copy.jpg

id have to say id like them on the saleens, they go with the looks of the saleen, but any other mustang :notnice:

Just buy them. And after you get them installed do not I repeat DO NOT post pics on Stangnet. Don't even let anyone on here know you have them. The only time you can post pics on Stangnet of your car with the doors open lambo style is if you have a car show trophy next to your car or some hot chick next to your car.