Late model restoration!!!

satanas

Dec 16, 2005
Arizona
Any one use their layaway plan? I'm thinking of trying it out. I usually get parts from them.Havent had no complaints good customer service. Never tried the Layaway though....I can't afford to come up with 1000-1500 for heads.Specially with my mortgage, kids and crappy job i have... I want something better than my ported stocks. Now to decide which ones.... What have you gotten on layaway?

• Sponsors (?)

Isn't it the same to just save back the money until you have enough for the heads? :shrug: that way you have access to the money if you need it until then

Isn't it the same to just save back the money until you have enough for the heads? :shrug: that way you have access to the money if you need it until then

I tried that before not that good about it...I save some cash then something comes up then i spend it been trying to buy heads for 2 years now.. but keep spending on other stuff.Bills, food, gas,, but if i know a bill is coming up i make sure theres money ther to cover it...thats when i limit my spending...no redbulls, no lunch breaks,,no beers,The last time i saved i ended up saving 800 then bought some stuff for the house,,,..Maybe i have a problem.....:shrug:..

i have the same problem. plus my wife takes the money and doesn't really let me spend it on my car. but its better cause i'd just go hog wild buying stuff.

in my opinion. save money yourself and when you see something on like ebay or craigslist for cheaper buy them . no need to go new on our 5.0s someone is always changing things.

I used the lay a way system on LMR once and I felt like it was a good service. I would do it again especially now that I am married and my wife would convince me to spend the money other places if I did not already have a commitment... with that said I would not stretch it out more than 3-4 months because that would just lead to an argument! LOL! She likes the hobby, but not that much!

I used the lay a way system on LMR once and I felt like it was a good service. I would do it again especially now that I am married and my wife would convince me to spend the money other places if I did not already have a commitment... with that said I would not stretch it out more than 3-4 months because that would just lead to an argument! LOL! She likes the hobby, but not that much!

Yes I know what you mean.. My girl is like "NOW WHAT DO YOU NEED?".. Recently i told her "SWEETIE i cant put my on trims because i need new weatherstriping(AND TELL HER WHICH BY THE WAY I NEED TO GET)(and if i dont put the trims i cant finish my final polishing, then i can put the trim and when i put the trim i HAVE to put the new top(AND TELL HER WHICH BY THE WAY I NEED TO GET) and then since the top is off i will put the tint on there because is harder to put it on when its on.Which lead to buying a new alarm bacause i dont want to get locked out if i have my doors close and windows up and no handles.BUt before i put my alarm i have to finish the electrical work where my dash is and then connect my gauges and vacum lines........HAHA I CAN GO ON AND ON...

i just used it im buying a super charger off them. Its easier if i know i have to have money on a certain day

thats my plan eventually. looking for my next project now, but once I find it I will be on LMR getting some stuff on good ole fashioned lay-a-way! I am not a credit card person, so doing it this way makes it easier for me, and less stressful for our finances also.

My wife told me a few minutes ago that as long as I am happy she will be happy because I am happy! that is a DANGEROUS statement to make to a Mustang enthusiast!

I keep it under control though, we are figuring out the budget and getting that stuff squared away before I do anything else.

Sounds like a bad idea if the money you keep trying to save ends up going towards bills.

Save the cash, but what you want on a credit card that offers reward points and pay the balance when the bill comes.

in the end I guess we should agree to disagree on the lay-a-way vs. credit card deal. For me its a personal conviction and I don't want a credit card. I have enough debt in student loans to pay off to worry about a visa on the side. My wife and I have made a commitment to not incur further debt and pay down the debt we have and live debt free. I think that's the smartest way to live for me and my family. The question of elayaway was brought up and now you have my opinion! I hope more people in our great country start trending downward in the usage and amount of credit card debt.
:flag:

I wish I didn't read this thread. I didn't know they had a lay away program and now I fear I'm about to buy stuff I don't need. I've given them a lot of business over the last year. They are good company and their prices are better then most other sites if youre searching for new parts.

That would be nice if they extended.. For sure i would like my car ready by march. so would be nice to have something on my door on my birthday..I was going to order a set of weather stripping on layaway but it said i would get it by nov with the payments i would make but i kind of need them sooner..so might have to pick up some shifts at work to get them...i got 100 bucks already sold two small mini choppers had in the shed for 100 bucks... guy got a good deal...may have to do a garage sale too...lol

I used their Lay away plan to purchase my Pony R's. It definitley helps if you're not in a hurry to get the item and, like me, you don't do well with saving for non-essentials. I also like that the payments are automatic. There is a flat 1.9% fee based on the order total so that's something to keep in mind. My order was $550, so the fee was roughly $10 (total). Pretty straight forward otherwise. Once the last payment was deducted the wheels were shipped.