Late Model Restoration

93 teal terror

Founding Member
Jul 13, 2001
Durham N.C.
:notnice:
Pretty much false advertised their product. I ordered the left ones and got the right ones. Not exactly oem :mad:

Attachments

• lrs.JPG
    lrs.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 216
  • P1100672.jpg
    P1100672.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 211
  • Sponsors (?)

These are the said oem lugs for $4 each. Exactly the same description. Just venting its frustrating as hell to wait a week for the wrong thing. This day and age you've gotta to a little better than that if you want to stay in business. An acceptable repsonse would have been to ship me the correct lugs and have me send back the wrong ones.

Attachments

• lrs-1.JPG
    lrs-1.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 136
Both those ads say theynare ford lugs. The big oval pretty mich implies it's a ford part as well as the part in the title which says "by ford"

When you navigate their site, and search by manufacturer, these come up when you select ford. So I would be shocked to see an aftermarket part as well.

But then second ad says the same thing. I wouldn't be surprised if the individual lugs are the same as what you have now.

I agree in a way that it is false advertising because I tend to sort by ford parts and order ford vs repro from lrs and would expect to get oem lugs based on the way that bad it set up.

Just call them. They will make it right. I've bought alot of stuff from them over the years, Oem and repro.
If I ever had a problem with something I recieved I called and it always worked out.

Good Luck

Yeah, they should be the original zinc lugs.

Honestly, I don't like some of their stuff. Most of it is aftermarket. That's why when I build my fox bodies I scavange for for as much original, used FORD stuff as possible. I've used weatherstripping from them, the window seals in the doors and non of it was worth a penny. The new weather stripping made my doors leak, (never leaked with the old stuff, it was just torn on the bottom so I wanted to replace it) The window seals around the door glass sucked ass. They are not the right length, I had to work all day rolling the window up and down to get them to stretch. I also had to lube the crap out of them for the glass to even roll up and down. They wouldn't even let the glass roll up all the way.

I am so glad I have hoarded fox body parts for the last 10 years. For my current project, 4VModFox, I have used all original Ford parts for all of the interior. Either I had them in color, or I painted some grey stuff black.

Yeah, they should be the original zinc lugs.

Honestly, I don't like some of their stuff. Most of it is aftermarket. That's why when I build my fox bodies I scavange for for as much original, used FORD stuff as possible. I've used weatherstripping from them, the window seals in the doors and non of it was worth a penny. The new weather stripping made my doors leak, (never leaked with the old stuff, it was just torn on the bottom so I wanted to replace it) The window seals around the door glass sucked ass. They are not the right length, I had to work all day rolling the window up and down to get them to stretch. I also had to lube the crap out of them for the glass to even roll up and down. They wouldn't even let the glass roll up all the way.

I am so glad I have hoarded fox body parts for the last 10 years. For my current project, 4VModFox, I have used all original Ford parts for all of the interior. Either I had them in color, or I painted some grey stuff black.

I used ALL new seals from them, sunroof, doors, hatch, windows, etc etc, and they cured all my leaking issues

I'm not restoring my cars but if they sent that crap I would be pissed as well.

I ordered a few weather strip pieces from them including window runs and everything I got was scott drake or that other dude. I knew those were repro so I didn't care but I haven't had any issues yet with leaks. The window motor I got was crap since only two of the three mounting holes lined up. The visors also pissed me off. They were a PITA to get on and the driver side doesn't want to swing down. I have to grab it with two hands out of fear that I'll crease the cardboard inside it.

I used ALL new seals from them, sunroof, doors, hatch, windows, etc etc, and they cured all my leaking issues

Well, that's good, but yeah I had a gap between the rear section of the door and the quarter window area. I could see right into the car. I took it back apart twice to figure out if I routed it wrong or had something stuck in there. I ended up taking ir back off, glueing my OEM rips and put that back on. Gap went a way.

I don't wanna bash the site, I mean every other part I've got from them has been right on, but the weater stripping just got me bummed out. I hated opening the door to my car and seeing tattered stripping. The new stuff got my seat soaked so that wouldn't fly.

Unfortunately this is why the Ford parts (when available) are usually 2X or more the cost of reproduction parts.

LRS has good customer service when needed, but as for the quality of parts...def go Ford when you can. In this case however, a part labeled as a Ford OEM part, isn't.

Unfortunately this is why the Ford parts (when available) are usually 2X or more the cost of reproduction parts.

Thank you. I deal with customers all day that compare our prices on used OEM parts to aftermarket MADE IN TAIWAN parts available at a couple stores down the street. Time and time again, I tell them the 99% of sheet metal doesn't fit, all the glass in the mirrors rattle when your on the freeway ect....such a PITA explaining that to retail customers 20 times per day.

Is it that big of a deal, really? I run chrome acorns on my car that I bought at Auto Zone. Look good and the wheels haven't fallen off yet. Isn't that all lug nuts do?

x2.......Hack Job, my black notch, my 96 Cobra and 4V-ModFox all run Autozone Gorilla chrome nuts. The finish never peeled off or rusted. I was the crap outta my cars too.