Launching in 2nd.. q's?

tjh566

May 22, 2004
Northern Va
Well, with this supercharger making so much low end power, I have to launch in 2nd, I didnt this the other day, held it at about 2g's and feathered it out but very quickly, it bogs for just a split second (2.73 rear) then goes like a bat out of hell.

Awhile back I remember some people talking about it and they said for some reason it was bad to launch out of 2nd, but I cant remember why.

Now personally I dont see how it could hurt anything out of the normal, but just wanna check to make sure I dont mess anything up.

• Sponsors (?)

well, I will say I do need suspension mods and better tires, BUT do remember this eaton has full boost at around 1500 and makes ALOT of torque. the other supercharger guys your talking about use vortechs and they act alot like a turbo cept with a belt, gotta spin them up some.

And for me to take off in first it seems like a waste of time, cant go past half throttle and have to keep playin with the pedal so damn much I feel like I lose alot of time. Then Grab second and I spin more.

But as for now I dont have the funds for suspension/new rear/etc.

I dont see how 2.73s could be hurting me?

Yeah I disagree with that assessment. The reason 3.73's are so good for a stock NA car is because the powerband is so short. On a boosted car, the powerband is much wider, and you need to take advantage of that, spending more time in each gear, using every ounce of powerband you have. The 2.73's are perfect.

Some practice launching, suspension mods, and some more practice, with a side of practice. I know it is very hard to control, but you HAVE to use first, you just need to learn to control it, even with your semi stock suspension. Believe me, the first time I drove my car with my h/c/i I had a real hard time launching in first.