LAUNCHING IN 2ND WITH STOCK GEARS

Status
Not open for further replies.

1990BLUEGT

Aug 30, 2004
S. CALI
Just wondering if any of you guys have launched your mustangs in dry weather (preferably at a track) and in 2nd gear (manual transmission) with 3.27's.

Did you get better times or were you slower?

I have launched my car in 2nd (around 4500 rpms) in wet conditions and my Mustang seems to accelerate a lot faster. It was raining though and you cannot launch a car in first at those rpms.

Just curious if it would be faster in dry conditions (never tried it). I don't want to launch these relatively new 255 45 R17 BFGoodrich G-Force Comp T/A's in dry conditions and find out it was a bad idea.

thanks in advanced.

note: I don't want to sound ungrateful, but please don't tell me to get 4.10's. I've driven my friend's car (99gt with 4.10's) and I didn't like it at all. There's somehting about shifting three times before I reach the quarter mile mark that doesn't appeal to me. That's just one of the reasons.

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

try it and order a clutch....

sorry to burst your bubble but stop thinking of gay topics and get some gear. There is something about running 12's that appeals to me...never mind the shifting, just get an auto if you dont like teh shifting.

Jackie Chan said:
try it and order a clutch....

sorry to burst your bubble but stop thinking of gay topics and get some gear. There is something about running 12's that appeals to me...never mind the shifting, just get an auto if you dont like teh shifting.

that's the thing. i like my manual transmission. i've had a 5-speed whatever since i was 16.

like i said i like my 3.27's. good top end and no hassle. (i've beaten my friends 99 in a top speed contest by Vegas a few years back) both were modded the same.

again. has anyone tried it?

oh Jackie thanks for you gay reply

edit: did i upset you or one of your friends in a previous threads? :D

1990BLUEGT said:
that's the thing. i like my manual transmission. i've had a 5-speed whatever since i was 16.

like i said i like my 3.27's. good top end and no hassle. (i've beaten my friends 99 in a top speed contest by Vegas a few years back) both were modded the same.

again. has anyone tried it?

oh Jackie thanks for you gay reply

Thanks for your gay ass thread, gives me something to do until i leave work.

1990BLUEGT said:

i would assume, either that or it was a "stupid" question according to the know it alls.

if you dont want the extreme gear go with a 3.73 or 3.55. the last shift shouldnt really bother you that much.

you probably will smoke your clutch if you launch in second often

1990BLUEGT said:
:rlaugh:

nah. sounds like you are though with that remark.
man you guys are unforgiving. :)

btw i'm 23.

well i guess everyone has to be an a-hole once in their life. :shrug:

also, it might take a while to learn but in order to get decent tech advice you should go to another mustang forum. this ones mainly for bull****ting and clique ****

1fast03pony said:
i would assume, either that or it was a "stupid" question according to the know it alls.

if you dont want the extreme gear go with a 3.73 or 3.55. the last shift shouldnt really bother you that much.

you probably will smoke your clutch if you launch in second often

thanks for your input.

at least it answers my question.

makes you wonder though if these "know it alls/morons" knwo this because they've done it before.

I just never tried it dry before, but thanks for your reply.

Jackie Chan said:
i am going to the track and launch in 5th

will this get me better times? I did it in a Zamboni once at around 450 rpms and it felt like I iced the rink quicker

NO! You're doing it wrong.

You're supposed to launch in 4th gear. That's your strongest gear, the 1:1. It is afterall the gear you use on the dyno, why not harness all the power for the track!! :rolleyes:

Jackie Chan said:
only did reverse burnouts, never launched in 2nd.

but i have an Idea get 4.56s and launch in 2nd hmmmm?

silly retard. arguing over the internet again?

i don't like repeating myself to embacils, but here it is one more time for those that are special (jacky).
listen.... i've tried this in wet weather and worked really well. i was wondering if someone had done this is under dry conditions. if you haven't or you don't have anything to say that will help out, please don't reply with your dumbass comments......ah your mind isn't capable of comprehending it.

again, tell your mommy to take the computer away before you hurt yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.