LC1 Wideband question

mat82284

Jul 31, 2003
I bought an LC1 wideband by innovate. I'm still waiting for it to show up. I wanted to findout if this is possible. I read in manual online that you can simulate narrowband oxygen sensors. I wanted to findout if anyone here has done that? Also if you could explain how you did it?

I also have an sct livewire that i want to tap into. I cant find any information on how i would connect the two devices. If anyone can help me on that with instructions or a guide someone that would be very helpful. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

yes it is possible to run narrowband simulate with the wideband setup,so basically you will be using the W/B sensor and controller to simulate an analog signal,that hopefully your cars computer will accept as normal.It worked on my 2.3L turbostang,but I wasnt running an LC1 controller,rather a JAW controller.im not sure how you would wire it in on a V8 prolly have to run 2 analog out wires to your existing signal wires from your upstream sensors,and BTW you would have to remove both of your existing upstream oxygen sensors and replace them with widebands,now thats only if you want to run N/B simulate,if you just want to use the controller as an A/F monitor you dont need to do that,but you will have to weld in a bung for the additional sensor.when I ran the N/B simulate I downloaded info to the controller as to trick the cars computer to run a little lean 14.0/1 trying to improve fuel economy,however it was not a problem under boost since the puter would go into open loop during those conditions,I was just having fun with it playing around.

But to be truthful IMHO I dont see any benefits of running N/B simulate in our cars,I mean throttle response did seem like it was a little crisper in simulate,but with our cars having all the various tuners at our disposal I just dont see any benefits.

also if you have even the slightest exhaust leak upstream from wherever you have the bung/bungs welded in the wideband controller will be giving false readings.