LCA's

04sonicblueGT

Nov 20, 2004
K i have been searching forums and can't get a clear cut answer.

Everyone seems to think if its not maximum motors sports it is garbage. But why ?
The main difference i can see is that it cost alot more than the rest. can anyone shed some light on this for me please. I don't really want to spend $400 on lca's ( i do want the adjustable lca's though)

Does anyone use anything else. Has anyone seen or heard of any of the other LCA breaking? The granatelli look like the Maximum motor sports. I am also looking at the Stangsuspension LCA and the J & M products. also saw EVM (never heard of these)

http://www.evolutionmsport.com/evmCart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=4
http://www.stangsuspension.com/store/comersus_viewitem.asp?idproduct=1372
http://www.stangsuspension.com/store/comersus_viewitem.asp?idproduct=210
http://www.hotpart.com/index.php?p=show&id=8

Thanks for the info in advance

• Sponsors (?)

car is mainly just a DD, track 5-6 times a year. Factory bushing are shot, so i figured i would upgrade, i want the adjustable since i would like to be able to raise the rear to even the stance out on my car.

You need to understand that Everything else on the market is a rip off of MM products. There are bad things that can happen when you dont go with MM. Bushings that are 1 piece or 2 piece from other companies are too stiff and can Mess up your torque box.

There are many people who have bought the BS suspension products like GMS and have trashed them and bought MM products. Search on SN95forums.com and there are a few BIG Threads about MM vs. Brand X

Just look at my MM LCAs.....

MMLowerArms.JPG

What sets MM Rear Lower Control Arms apart from all the rest?

It’s the engineering expertise we put into our unique bushing designs. Instead of simply making control arms the same way as everyone else, we first analyzed the Mustang’s rear suspension geometry, and then designed control arm bushings to provide what is needed to improve traction and handling. The superior design of MM rear lower control arms increases traction, without the poor handling characteristics commonly caused by most other aftermarket control arms.

The rear control arms connect the rear axle housing to the chassis. All of the forces that accelerate the car, as well as the braking loads, pass through the rear control arms. In stock form, the deflection of the rubber bushings prevents the rear axle from maintaining its correct position under the chassis, leading to instability from rear steer. During acceleration, the rear tires push the axle forward, which in turn moves the car forward by pushing on the rear lower control arms. Replacing the rear lower control arms with MM control arms will improve traction and handling primarily because of the elimination of the overly compliant stock rubber bushings. With MM rear lower control arms, the properly designed bushing mounted in a stout tubular arm keeps the axle correctly positioned under the chassis. Traction and handling are both improved because the axle does not move around in an unpredictable manner.

Most aftermarket rear control arms use hard 2-piece urethane bushings, Delrin bushings, or steel bushings. Those types of bushings do not allow the angularity needed for the Mustang’s suspension to articulate freely. The resulting suspension bind causes the rear tires to break loose very easily. Suspension bind not only causes poor handling and poor traction, but it also causes damage to the torque-boxes. As the attachment points on the chassis for the rear control arms, the torque-boxes can suffer greatly from the abuse of poorly designed control arm bushings. After all, the torque boxes are only made of folded sheet metal.

Attachments

• MMLowerArms.JPG
    MMLowerArms.JPG
    186.9 KB · Views: 82
MM are probably the best ones out there. Steeda make good ones as well and so does Pro 3i, and HPM.

I would say Griggs are the best, but they are so expensive. Maybe $150 or more than the MM ones. Everybody rips off somebody, even MM. Griggs designed the whole Torque-arm/pan hard bar system for foxes if Im not mistaken. But Im sure they ripped it from some road racing genius, because that system is sick.

You need to understand that Everything else on the market is a rip off of MM products. There are bad things that can happen when you dont go with MM. Bushings that are 1 piece or 2 piece from other companies are too stiff and can Mess up your torque box.

There are many people who have bought the BS suspension products like GMS and have trashed them and bought MM products. Search on SN95forums.com and there are a few BIG Threads about MM vs. Brand X

Just look at my MM LCAs.....

MMLowerArms.JPG

What sets MM Rear Lower Control Arms apart from all the rest?

It’s the engineering expertise we put into our unique bushing designs. Instead of simply making control arms the same way as everyone else, we first analyzed the Mustang’s rear suspension geometry, and then designed control arm bushings to provide what is needed to improve traction and handling. The superior design of MM rear lower control arms increases traction, without the poor handling characteristics commonly caused by most other aftermarket control arms.

The rear control arms connect the rear axle housing to the chassis. All of the forces that accelerate the car, as well as the braking loads, pass through the rear control arms. In stock form, the deflection of the rubber bushings prevents the rear axle from maintaining its correct position under the chassis, leading to instability from rear steer. During acceleration, the rear tires push the axle forward, which in turn moves the car forward by pushing on the rear lower control arms. Replacing the rear lower control arms with MM control arms will improve traction and handling primarily because of the elimination of the overly compliant stock rubber bushings. With MM rear lower control arms, the properly designed bushing mounted in a stout tubular arm keeps the axle correctly positioned under the chassis. Traction and handling are both improved because the axle does not move around in an unpredictable manner.

Most aftermarket rear control arms use hard 2-piece urethane bushings, Delrin bushings, or steel bushings. Those types of bushings do not allow the angularity needed for the Mustang’s suspension to articulate freely. The resulting suspension bind causes the rear tires to break loose very easily. Suspension bind not only causes poor handling and poor traction, but it also causes damage to the torque-boxes. As the attachment points on the chassis for the rear control arms, the torque-boxes can suffer greatly from the abuse of poorly designed control arm bushings. After all, the torque boxes are only made of folded sheet metal.

That would be MM rips off Griggs, and everyone else follows.:nono: Griggs has been doing this since 1979, where MM has been here since 1992. Griggs is so confident with their product they actually give you a Lifetime Warrany, MM has no warranties and all parts are sold as is. If you pay that kind of money you should get a lifetime warranty IMO.

Attachments

• MMLowerArms.JPG
    MMLowerArms.JPG
    186.9 KB · Views: 73
I would say Griggs are the best, but they are so expensive. Maybe $150 or more than the MM ones. Everybody rips off somebody, even MM. Griggs designed the whole Torque-arm/pan hard bar system for foxes if Im not mistaken. But Im sure they ripped it from some road racing genius, because that system is sick.

Griggs Doesnt use Panhard Bar/Torque Arm...they use something called a "Watts-Link"

Griggs never used torque arm i believe

MM is the best for both street, strip, & road race....There quality is 2nd to none & it is the most durable for street use...The only downer is that it is a little bit heavier, but that goes back to the fact that it is the most durable.... Griggs stuff is excellent too, but is more for the track....Steeda is OK also, but i personally would go with MM over all of the other choices out there....The only problem I have had is that I have blown out the poly bushing twice on my driver side LCA. If u ask MM they only recomend the XD arms (spherical bushings) if u are gonna track your car or launch hard & they will tell u that the HD's (poly/spherical bushings) are only recomended for street use...I wish i wouldve went with the XD's from the gate....