leaking lower intake???

howiefisher

Jun 8, 2007
Ont Canada
so i got done installing every thing took it for a ride tone more power but when i got back to the house open the hood right behind the distributer its pissing oil i used the fell pro kit that trick flow reccomended but on the end rails i used rtv and it looks like it blew out ...i new i should of used the end gaskets in the kit ...any body have any tips for best sealing on the end rails ???that is oil right coming out of there right behind the distributer ?also i had to cut the gaskets to fit the water ports ??

• Sponsors (?)

I used the end gaskets and RTV combination. How long did you let the RTV sit for? That should do the trick if you let it sit for for a day or so before you went driving. Lots of people succesfully use only RTV.

Gasket trimming is normal if I recall correctly.

Adam

My gaskets from Summit required no trimming. But I dont remember exactly which set they were. I used a really think bead or RTV only on the front and back. I had a leak in the back the first time because it wasnt thick enough, but the second time I made sure I had enough to seal properly and let it sit overnight. No leaks since. Did you pull your dizzy to install the intake? If so you may have damaged the o-ring the seals the dizzy and keep oil from comming out around it...

no when ipulled the lower intake i could see were the sealent blew right out .. i dont think the bead was thick enough .i will make it like 3/8 bead this time front and rear you guys think i should use the end gaskets and the rtv ??