lean Lean LEAN

lman657

Aug 31, 2003
Well, went to the drags today. The sucker ran a 15.7. So, in trying to find the problem, I pulled the plugs. The porcelan is as white at a white t-shirt, and the metal part of the plugs looked like it had been dusted with flour it was so white. I had a custom chip made without a dyno tune and the tuner said that my 24#ers put out enough fuel that he'd have to lean it up a bit to get it to run well. Thus, I took out the chip, and gained about 3 tenths. It was so lean it gained power, and pulled a bit harder when richened up, not simply running cooler. The hotter it got outside, the better the puppy ran, until an incredible blazing 15.166 with a trap of 95 mph. Not Cool out of a mid 13 second car (see mods). Anyways, I've put on about 1,000 miles with the chip, with the car running quite dangerously lean. A couple experienced racers commented on never. ever. seeing a plug that white. Pure white. Anyways, I'm in northeast colorado, and am looking for a dynotuning shop within 500 miles, perhaps more. I don't care, but I'm not burning up a piston. Does anyone know one in Colorado, Wyoming, Nebraska, Kansas, anywhere, if you know anyone within my 1/3 of the US, please do tell.

thanks,
Lance

• Sponsors (?)

Get rid of the C&L MAF! Put your stock one back on...problem solved. Seriously, do this and hit the track again. Those C&L MAF kits are designed to lean by 30% and you can't fix it w/o a dyno tune. I had the same problem with my car.

Your chip maybe further adding to the problem by advancing the timing with the already lean condition.

Ooh! Golden? I'm moving to Golden August 19 for college, Could you be a tid bit more specific where around golden it was, if possible?

Yeah, gears are next on the list, but trying to get the motor running... and paid off first