Least favorite work to do on your stang?

everything
Indeed! :lol:

Exhaust tops the list of my hates. But having had the whole engine torn apart, I can say for sure that I really don't care to work on much of anything on this car anymore. It's easy, and that's good, but it's a chore. :nonono:

And for the guy who mentioned the differential.... yeah, that's a pretty crappy job. I think anybody who has to change the differential fluid should just go out and buy the aftermarket cover with drain/full plugs. It's a huge mess to fill the diff from the front...

• Sponsors (?)

And for the guy who mentioned the differential.... yeah, that's a pretty crappy job. I think anybody who has to change the differential fluid should just go out and buy the aftermarket cover with drain/full plugs. It's a huge mess to fill the diff from the front...

Tell me about it.

AFTER I got all the spilt fluid cleaned up, I went to put the plug in and for got to taek the hose out of the hole. Since the plug is magnetic, it stick next to the hole and i thought I had started it.

I turned for like 5 minuted before I realized something wasnt right.

I agree with anything to do with the dash.

By the time you contort yourself upside down to snake under there, you realize you forgot a tool. So you nearly break the steering wheel trying to pull yourself up. After aquiring your forgotten tool and bending yourself to get back under the dash, you put your hand behind a panel to find where they keep all the sharpest objects on the face of the planet. You once again nearly break the steering wheel pulling yourself out, only this time with one hand because your other hand has a deep gash spewing blood onto your floormats.

After a couple hours, a few pints of lost blood, a bunch of band-aids, damning to hell "whatever stupid son of a b**** designed this", and LOTS of cursing....your wiring is done.

FUN! :D

I can't wait for my next dash project! :rolleyes:

yeah i remember being a noob at rear ends and cracking open my stock cover...and my arm got soaked in diff. fluid it was horrible and i had to throw that shirt away....i decided right then that i wasnt going to close the cover till i had one of the nice aftermarket ones

mine is the cam...i love the feeling of accomplishment when done, but i hate the time it takes to do it.....this is the second time putting a cam in a car....the first was in my 92 gt...plus i changed the heads, lifters, pushrods, intake, throttle body, and injectors....this time i'm changing the cam, lifters, pushrods, timing chain, water pump, coil, plug wires, and cap and rotor......but i'm only doing it a few hours a weekend.....

By the time you contort yourself upside down to snake under there, you realize you forgot a tool. So you nearly break the steering wheel trying to pull yourself up. After aquiring your forgotten tool and bending yourself to get back under the dash, you put your hand behind a panel to find where they keep all the sharpest objects on the face of the planet. You once again nearly break the steering wheel pulling yourself out, only this time with one hand because your other hand has a deep gash spewing blood onto your floormats.

After a couple hours, a few pints of lost blood, a bunch of band-aids, damning to hell "whatever stupid son of a b**** designed this", and LOTS of cursing....your wiring is done.

:lol: It's like you wrote part of my biography. :rlaugh:

Oh and good call on the "electrical gremlins" Punisher302. :nice: :fuss: I HATE those too.

:lol: Hilarious!

Exhaust for me too, more-so the stock H-pipe than anything, I HATE THAT part the MOST. I can get my O/R pipe on/off in 5min...but not the heavy POS stocker.

I have gotten the t5 in and out (besides the stock H) in 30min or less.

The 4 rear DS bolts sucked for me too along with the gas tank gasket.

The WORST thing I ever have done...put a new AOD into my bronco by myself in the winter with ice and stuff on the ground and doing it outside as it would not fit in the garage. In a lifted bronco it was :bang: :notnice: . The worst is the damn cross member...some stupid brace/bracket that you cannot get to the tops of the bolts and can only get less than 1/4 turn on the lowers to get off to drop the crossmember.

anything with antifreeze pisses me off. it gets everywhere and its a royal pain to clean off. under the dash work sucks too the older you get. i remember when i first got a mustang back when i was 18 and didn't have a problem, now only 5 years later and its painful. electrical gremlins i think are the worst though, mentally anguishing.

for me it was changing sparkplugs on my turbo kit. That is why its sitting in a box
dsc02239.jpg

anything under the car sucks....I can't just crawl up under it anymore thanks to the lowering springs.

also, as was mentioned earlier, filling the diff. from the front was horrible.

Not to mention those craptastic long tube headers....

but...the worst (as most have stated) is any dash work.