leather dye

niteninja87

May 26, 2009
ok so i bought this car from a guy off craigslist and the car used to be white so it has white leather seats front and rear but the carpet is black and the dash is red and black so i have no idea on what to do about the seats. should i get the seats redone with new leather to match or is there a dye that i can use on them to get it to match the rest of the car?

thanks steve

• Sponsors (?)

Sell the seats and get different ones. You can probably fetch a pretty good price for a set of white leather seats in good condition, actually. Then use the money to score a pair of stock Fox seats, some SN95 seats, or something aftermarket.

what are SN95 seats? i have never heard of them before.

SN95 = Mustangs made from 1994 to 2004. (Models from '99-'04 are sometimes referred to as "Edge" or "New Edge" Mustangs.)

Basically, seats from any '94-'04 Mustang will pretty much bolt right into a Fox, although you might need to run power connections to it if you get power seats and want the adjusters to be functional. (Not a complicated thing at all.) They will sit just a tad higher (unless you use the seat tracks from your Fox seats), but they are MUCH more comfortable than just about any stock Fox seat and can be had for very cheap. Oh, and they have that groovy seat belt loop thing on the top corner (like the Fox 'vert models) so you don't have to reach way back over your shoulder to belt up. :nice:

I've seen leather GT and Cobra seats go for anywhere from $200 to $400 for a pair, and cloth seats as cheap as $50 a pair all the way up to $200/pair, depending on the color and condition.

A set of stock leather seats from a Fox ... I dunno what they would sell for, exactly, but again, I'm sure you could ditch those and get a really nice set of later-model seats for really cheap for the same price or less as what you'd get for yours.

03-04 cobra seats like mine generally fetch over $1000, $400 is the steal of a lifetime for a set! :nice:

These must've been older Cobra seats I saw, then ... '94 or '95, maybe. Just some dude on Craigslist a couple of months ago. Not even 100% sure they were Cobra seats (couldn't tell from the pics), but that's what the ad claimed they were, and they were clearly black leather SN95 seats of some kind in the crappy pics he'd posted. Dunno if the ad's still listed, but I'll check... :shrug:

'03-'04 Cobra seats are MUCH nicer than the average SN95 seat. :drool:

The 94-99 Cobra seats were the same as GT seats. The 01 and 03-04 Cobra seats had the suede inserts and fetch a lot more money.

Every SN95 seat I have had in my fox (two sets) the seat belt holder is useless and actually gets in the way. Just an interesting FYI from what I have seen!

I think a clean non ripped or cracked set of fox seats should fetch the same as SN95s... Just might not be easy finding a local buyer for some white fox body seats.