LED Headlights?

• Sponsors (?)

I don't know if your talking about the headlights that are actually LED or the ones that have the LED accent color around the regular bulb.

I wouldn't put either of them on my car, they are both extremely ugly. Also, I don't see how they are going to be very bright.

You best bet for good headlights is adding a headlight relay harness it will provide more power to the lights and take the load off of the switch. Then get a pair of 6024XV Sylvania Xtravision bulbs. They are the same wattage as most of the modern capsule bulbs. Another good option is an H4 conversion. Either way stick with clear bulbs, not tinted ones.

You can get the relay setup from LMC Truck or from these guys, or make your own.
http://rjminjectiontech.com/?p=8

LED Headlights--not

I don't think that LED headlights look right on our early Mustangs. A much better way to increase light output is to check out some of the new HID kits. All you need is a pair of Hella or Cibie euro code housings and the HID kits plug right in. Much better output and they still look stock. Works on my car,minor re-wiring and instant upgrade.

The retrofit HID is illegal. It produces excessive glare to oncomming drivers. The H4 type housings are designed for H4 halogen bulbs, not HID bulbs. The optics are incorrect. The only legal way to do an HID conversion is to get the expensive kits with the ugly projector housings. For what its worth I wish they never invented HID. I hate it with the false colors and glare etc.

I agree, I have no idea what the DOT was thinking when they passed HID headlights and LED tailights, either one are too bright to other drivers late at night after they have been driving for hours, give me a good old halogen any day

I agree, I have no idea what the DOT was thinking when they passed HID headlights and LED tailights, either one are too bright to other drivers late at night after they have been driving for hours, give me a good old halogen any day

Agreed! :nice:

I have read a few articles that talk about how HID never should have been used in the automotive industry.

Some of the late model factory LED tail lights are hard so see from an angle. Some of them only seem to work well when you are directly behind it.

I also don't like the factory HID headlights because they have sharp beam cutoff and therefore don't allow the light to illumininate things like the overhead road signs very well.

I just did a 6000k HID swap and I love them.

I have 4 cars and one motorcyle, each of them with HID and I wont ever go back. When setup properly, glare is a NON ISSUE. When a 16 year old kid tosses them into a $20 set of projector beam headlights in their Civic I make no promises.