left seat bolster wearing

Man I have had my car now since June, 3 full months and 3,000 miles. I noticed over the weekend that the left-hand seats side bolster next to the door on the surface that towards the interior of the seat is now wearing and has developed a small spot in the leather! I think it is simply from getting in and out of the car. Maybe my belt is rubbing on it. I don't have a cel phone or anything else clipped to my belt. I was shocked to see it wearing out so quickly.
Anyone else seen this problem? What to do other than not get in the car?

• Sponsors (?)

I too think the seats wear too much, too quickly. I have not noticed much wear on my leather seats in my 2007 which I got in June.
The cloth seats in my 2005 after two years were definitely worn quite a bit. And that's with me taking great care to avoid doing anything to harm them.
Others?

I hate to read this post... my fears exactly!! I bought my GT last month, and have put a ton of miles on it though (5k), and my drivers seat looks like crap compared to my passenger seat (that is rarely used). Doesn't look good for long term at all. I'm actually wishing I would have skipped the leather and gone cloth...

I have leather in my truck (Chevy) and the same thing happened in it so I went cloth in the stang. Firmer grip going around the corners as well. The truck only has leather on the seating area so the vinyl on the sides start falling off as well and now I have a white cloth looking area as well as a worn leather creased look on the seats.

I hate to read this post... my fears exactly!! I bought my GT last month, and have put a ton of miles on it though (5k), and my drivers seat looks like crap compared to my passenger seat (that is rarely used). Doesn't look good for long term at all. I'm actually wishing I would have skipped the leather and gone cloth...

I have 30K in 13 months so I'm in the same boat as you, but other than the 1 tiny wear spot I can't tell the difference between my 2 seats(dark charcoal).