Let's see your garage thread!

millhouse

Founding Member
May 14, 2002
Simpsonville, SC
Here's Mine. I've been here over 2 years now and am slowly acquiring equipment. My latest addition is a 3.5 ton Arcan jack from Costco preceded by a 25' 100k BTU Tube and my first air compressor. Hopefully within the next 5 years I'll be able to swing some type of lift be it scissor or 2-post. Next up...running 100ft of Ethernet to the house (already have some 1" sch. 40 buried) to get the computer up and running. :cheers:

My apologies for the clutter.

1881354_600.jpg

1881352_600.jpg

1881354_600.jpg

1881356_600.jpg

1881357_600.jpg

1881355_600.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Mine's just a big mess full of powder coating equipment & my polishing bench. Still trying to figure out how I want to build it in there before the Stang arrives at its new home...

nice garage millhouse! i'm liking the air compressor too, air tools make life so much easier :nice:

btw, what ever happened to your 3550 when you swapped over to the 4r70w? are you interested in letting it go if you still have it?

nice garage millhouse! i'm liking the air compressor too, air tools make life so much easier :nice:

btw, what ever happened to your 3550 when you swapped over to the 4r70w? are you interested in letting it go if you still have it?

Thanks! I still need to get some more shelving up to clear out some clutter...but I still have more than enough room.

As for the 3550, it's looong gone (sold to someone over on corral). The 4r70w is actually in pieces on my workbench lol. The damn direct clutch/drum was fried when I purhcased the tranny used. The new fluid I put in it allowed me to drive it for a day or two until it gave way.

1881328_600.jpg

1881333_600.jpg

1881329_600.jpg

1881332_600.jpg

1881330_600.jpg

@ millhouse

Reminds me of my 4R100 in the Lightning after coming out of a 7-11 one night...except it was my intermediate clutchs. Oversized pizza cutters,haha
I dunno what you planning on,but if your looking into modifying it I got my acc. valvebody from this guy -> FACTORY TECH TRANSMISSIONS - Ford E4od E40d 4r100 5r110w 4r70w 4r75e 4r75w Transmission Upgrades
and it works awsome

As for my garage,well...I'm rocking it shade tree style right now. Literaly. Got a 10x18' concrete slab in my back yard under my oak tree. Oh well, gotta work with what ya got I guess. Till I move into my buddies shop,hehe

Wythors, I'm jealous of how clean and organized you are. You get my nomination for the D-Man award. :)

Millhouse, I love the amount of space you have.

25th has a two-post lift, but it's lifting a living quarters. :)

Hey man I'm still looking forward to your 4R install :nice:

Thanks! Unfortunately it won't be until spring now...as the stang has storage insurance only and won't see the roads. Hopefully I can get some new numbers come spring! :nice:

@ millhouse

Reminds me of my 4R100 in the Lightning after coming out of a 7-11 one night...except it was my intermediate clutchs. Oversized pizza cutters,haha
I dunno what you planning on,but if your looking into modifying it I got my acc. valvebody from this guy -> FACTORY TECH TRANSMISSIONS - Ford E4od E40d 4r100 5r110w 4r70w 4r75e 4r75w Transmission Upgrades
and it works awsome

As for my garage,well...I'm rocking it shade tree style right now. Literaly. Got a 10x18' concrete slab in my back yard under my oak tree. Oh well, gotta work with what ya got I guess. Till I move into my buddies shop,hehe

At Least it was you that fried it not the person you bought it from lol! I'm going to replace the direct drive assembly and throw in an extra clutch and steel for more holding power. I'm undecided about the forward clutch's though. They are still peachy...but I'm thinking about throwing in a more stout wave plate or possibly and extra clutch to prevent/aid slipping on the 4-3 shift.

As or your garage...been there, done that lol. That pretty much prevents us cold weather guys from doing winter upgrades.

wythors, is that race-deck I see? How do you like it? That's another one of those that's on my "to do" list.

Nice stables folks....keep em coming!

congrats on your move to michigan would love to see that work of art of a car in person one day.you're about 20 minutes from me.

Cool, I was wondering if there were any Stangnet people around here. I'll definitely be out and about at shows come springtime :nice:

wythors, is that race-deck I see? How do you like it? That's another one of those that's on my "to do" list.

Yep, it's RaceDeck. I would highly recommend it, even though it is a bit on the pricey side. Even after six years, it still is holding up great. I've done several big projects and it cleans up to like new with minimal fuss. The two best things about it are how comfortable it is to walk on and the insulation it provides between you and the concrete. Makes it much more comfortable to crawl around under a car on jackstands than bare cement.