Lets talk about Master-Cylinders

• Sponsors (?)

CornerCarvin67 said:
I didn't want to re-bend lines for use of the MC that Baer sent me with the brakes (lazy?).

You should un-lazy yourself and put the Baer MC on. I put one on my '68 and it works fantastic. Making the lines was easy, I just bought the metric lines and used one end and re-flared the other for SAE. Any decent brake shop should be able to do this for you if you don't have a flaring tool...

68Restoman

519500_61_full.jpg

Yeah, I know... thanks for the push... :). Hey, did you keep the factory distribution block that mounts on the fender? Or did you just put a Tee in there? One port for the front... one for the back (and then use a prop. valve and another TEE). Would that be okay?

68restoman said:
You should un-lazy yourself and put the Baer MC on. I put one on my '68 and it works fantastic. Making the lines was easy, I just bought the metric lines and used one end and re-flared the other for SAE. Any decent brake shop should be able to do this for you if you don't have a flaring tool...

68Restoman

519500_61_full.jpg

CornerCarvin67 said:
Yeah, I know... thanks for the push... :). Hey, did you keep the factory distribution block that mounts on the fender? Or did you just put a Tee in there? One port for the front... one for the back (and then use a prop. valve and another TEE). Would that be okay?

It's actually simpler than that because you have 2 ports already on the master cylinder itself so you don't need a tee to split the front and rear. What I did was ditch the distribution block and used one Tee to split the front line left and right. For the rear I ran a single line to an adjustable prop. valve then to the rear line. The Tee for the rear line is on the rear axle itself where the soft line connects...

68Restoman

68restoman said:
What I did was ditch the distribution block and used one Tee to split the front line left and right. For the rear I ran a single line to an adjustable prop. valve then to the rear line. The Tee for the rear line is on the rear axle itself where the soft line connects.
That is exactly what I did too...except I have hard lines at the rear all the way into the claipers.

mc2.jpg

Attachments

• mc2.jpg
    mc2.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 32
That's what I was trying to say guys... but thanks for confirming it for me. So in summary I should put the MC that Baer gave me in there. And then ditch that factory block. One line to the rear and prop. valve. The other line to a new TEE.. .which splits to the front calipers.

Great. thanks again guys...