Let's talk tires

I've put about 15k on my front Nitto 555's plus however many miles Kieth, the previous owner of my wheels and tires, put on them. I'd venture to guess about 5-7k. Anyway, when I come back for winter break from school, I'm gonna need some new tires. I love the Nittos, they wear well, they have great traction in the turns, and they are great in the rain, but everyone is raving about BFG G-Force t/a KDW 2's and I dunno if they are worth a shot. I will also be upgrading from a 245/45/17 to a 255/40/17 to gimme a lil more shoe on the road because I'm getting a little bit of understeer during hard cornering due to the 315's out back. The Nittos are $125 a tire and the BFG's are $157 a tire which is a pretty big difference, so I wanna make sure it's worth it. Help me decide please, and any other tire suggestions are much appreciated, thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

im very happy with BFGs performance... i had the BFG kdw's all around on the tri bars when i first got the car, and boy were they good... and the drag radials are even better, just ****ty street life obviously... my next combo on the fr500s will be the kdw2s and the bfg drs out back..

My car handles really evenly with a 275/40/17 in front and the 315's in the back...

Yea, I'm seriously thinking of getting 275's for the front, I just have to keep cost in mind. I really don't wanna spend more than $125 for a 255 or $150 for a 275 if I should decide to go that way. I'll probably get the Nitto's unless someone can convince me that its really worth it to spend the extra $30 per tire for the BFG's.