Lifter Collapse During Preload

Nothing at home depot is going to work for you. The washers very specifically need to be precision ground with a very small tolerance as to thickness. Most precision ground stuff will have a variation of no more than +/- .001
Very true. I was very unsure of using anything from home depot. I just needed to hear/read it from another source lol

• Sponsors (?)

Nothing at home depot is going to work for you. The washers very specifically need to be precision ground with a very small tolerance as to thickness. Most precision ground stuff will have a variation of no more than +/- .001

UPDATE!!

After receiving the custom washers from ARP installing them. Taking them out then trying to .030 shims. then taking them out anfd putting the .015 shims, it turns out that my pushrod length was precise.

It turns out after checking my coolant i notcied oil in it. i checked the intake manifold and the intake gaskets were needing replacing.

after doing so the engine ran a little better but still had the ticking.

I remember when i changed the starter i never changed the exhaust manifold gasket on the passenger side.

Guess what?

THE TICKING IS GONE!

seems like it was simply an exhaust leak on the exhaus manifold at the cylinder head.

hence why it was sounding like valvetrain noise... because i was in deed hearing the valves closing through the broken gasket seal on th head =P

atleast i determined everything else was in good shape =D