Lifters tap on cold start.

Quik03GT

Mar 2, 2006
Hey guys, it's been very cold here lately and my lifters have been tapping like crazy when I start it in the morning. It wouldn't bother me if they tapped for a few seconds then stopped, but it takes like 4 or 5 minutes of driving before they finally quiet down. Is there anything I could do short of replacing the lifters that might help this?

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Mine does it as well but only for about two minutes.. it's low 30's to mid 20's here this week so I wonder if there is anything that can be done for this but im thinking there isn't

i had a similar problem in the cold start ups and after beating on my gt for like 10mins,it would tap till i took it easy for alittle bit,i switched to a thicker oil its called rotella,wal mart sells it. I think its 5w 30 or somethin,but ever since that no tap or nothing.

i had a similar problem in the cold start ups and after beating on my gt for like 10mins,it would tap till i took it easy for alittle bit,i switched to a thicker oil its called rotella,wal mart sells it. I think its 5w 30 or somethin,but ever since that no tap or nothing.

You better make sure you didnt get the 20w-50 rotella made for diesels......As far as I knew, that was the only oil rotella made:shrug: