Light Squeel on light brake depress?

xtweakerx

Feb 26, 2007
Jupiter,FL
well just recently i noticed sometimes when i lightly press my brake pedal it sounds like driver side rear tire/brake area has a very light squeal/sqeak, I can only hear this if I have something next to the car im driving by to Reflect the sound, so its not epic loud. Seems like i have to be going like 40-45mph and press the brakes lighty and if im near like a Wall or something for the sound to reflect off of, ill hear this light squeel.

I'm wondering if its the brake pad or maybe doing one of my burn-outs something got stuck between the caplier or pad ,like a stone or rubber.

I'm getting the cars oil changed at the dealer on monday, im debating whether to have them take a look to see if the pad is wearing down or what not.. :shrug: otherwise ill just ride it out for now, it might go away or whatever. Since it's not all the time and its not that bad or loud most people wouldn't notice but im pretty Anal :)

It's not a serious issue yet but i like to keep my car in sound shape :D

car has about 17,500 miles on it.

ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

Probably wouldn't hurt to have them check it out. Still have the warranty on it?

lol yeah i have the warranty but my car is decently modified and i race it a lot they will prob give me **** and not warranty much :) ive done a lot of burn outs you cant remove ALL the burnt rubber so on a lift u can find some in some spots ;)

its all good, lol noone knows what it might be here, ill handle it :) Thanks!

wont take long to pull the wheels and inspect the brakes. you can always try to stop squeek spray. just pull the pads, clean them up and spray the backside of the pad only. you will definitely see something cracked or broken (if it is there) if you pull the pads.