Lightest clutch?

SVTCobra66

Founding Member
May 4, 2002
I have a 96GT w/ a king cobra clutch kit in it, and after a couple of years with it my knee is about to explode from sitting in traffic too many times. The clutch pedal requires WAY too much efford and considering i'm pretty much stock i think i went a bit overboard on the clutch. What has the lightest clutch pedal out there? Should i just go back to stock, or is there better? I cant' even remember what stock was like, and at this point my left leg is about twice the size of my right. Please help :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

McLeod stage 1 clutch, centerforce DF i thing is supposed to be lighter than stock. If you're basically unmodded, get the stock clutch. Sometimes a hard pedal can be caused by things other than the clutch assembly itself (ie, the linkage wearing out). I personally have the KC clutch in my car, with brand new throw out bearing, clutch fork pivot ball, and pilot bearing and I think the pedal is nice and light. Sometimes its all in the install, but definitely look into the clutches mentioned above

a lot of tiems it's not the clutch casuing a hard pedal. More often it's a combonation of the clutch cable and the clutch fork and pivot ball.

To replace the clutch fork and pivot ball you need to remove the tranny so you might as well replace the clutch anyways.

But after the job is done take a look at your old pivot ball, I bet there is grooves worn into it.

thomas91169 said:
haha ^^^ just cause its lighter off the car does not mean the clutch pedal will be lighter. thanks for the laugh though.
Actually doubting Thomas I have driven two mustangs with the Centerforce
DF clutch and the pedal feel was pretty light and it was easy to shift
compaired to the stock OEM clutch.
I like the feel of the Centerforce so,much I will be getting a Centerforce
DF clutch when my stock OEM clutch bites the dust.