lightning maf and focus fuel pump?

mineralgraygt

Jan 4, 2006
nj
hey guys, i am going to be installing a procharger set up. basically i bought a p1sc head used and am going to be building my own intercooler set up and running draw thru. i have full bolt on longtubes, and crower stage 2 blower cams. ok so i was just gonna run a lightning maf and focus fuel pump but im worring about the maf and fuel pump not supporting the power. i have searched and have seen that they both will supposive support 450whp. i really dont care what the car make i just wanted to be safe. i wanted to know how some of you guys are making out with the l maf and focus fuel pump?

• Sponsors (?)

Dont forget the 42lb/hr fuel injectors.

Have you bought the MAF and pump yet? If you haven't you might want to look into an SCT MAF and Cobra Pump and Tanks. The reason I say this, I would put money down that the MAF and Pump will be close to maxed out with the cams. The reason I say this I was close to maxing out my L MAF and Focus Pump when I added my IC and put a 3.25 pulley on. Then when I put my built engine in with VT Stg2 Blower Cams and no extra boost they were maxed out and this was with lower compression pistons. So you will be in the same boat I was or worse since you have stock compression.

The Lightning MAF might be close......if worse comes to worse, you could always add a Diablosport MAFia later on down the road....or you could just suck it up and by one of the SCT units and not sweat it. :shrug:

yea i was looking at the sct ba 2600. im kinda afraid of the lightning meter especialy when it get cold out and maxes out the meter. i think if i just run the focus pump and then if it aint enough ill just get ill buy the cobra hat and run dual focus pumps

yea i was looking at the sct ba 2600. im kinda afraid of the lightning meter especialy when it get cold out and maxes out the meter. i think if i just run the focus pump and then if it aint enough ill just get ill buy the cobra hat and run dual focus pumps

You really need to buy the tank with the Cobra hat. Trust me when you have this much money in your car don't cheap out on this. I tried doing it for awhile and I finaly just put the money into the tank and pumps and felt alot better.

yea i know i think i just get the tank and pumps. i have another question if i get an sct ba will i be able to get a mail order tune to get me to the tuner? or will i have to drive there and put it on there

yea i know i think i just get the tank and pumps. i have another question if i get an sct ba will i be able to get a mail order tune to get me to the tuner? or will i have to drive there and put it on there

It's best to have the car put on the dyno and have them tune it in person. Mail order tunes don't do justice.

He needs a mail order tune in order to get him to the dyno. ;)

In which case.....yeah, if the tuner is at all compitent he should be able to set you up with a base to to get you going. I wouldn't be getting on it until you had the chance to strap it to the rollers though. :)

Good choice on the Cobra tank and pumps - I've seen Focus pumps on the dyno max out at like 360ish and some go to like 450ish, so it all depends. If you go to twin Ford GT pumps with the cobra tank, keep in mind you need two FPDMs, just like the Ford GTs so they will flow at max - if you don't do this, just stick with the Cobra pumps as they will be plenty for you.

The SCT BA 2600 is another good choice, but the 90mm LAMF is also a good choice - seem them max out at 400 on some cars and 475 on others. Buty like they said you can still add a Diablo MAF.ia and it'd be cheaper than the SCT MAF - we sella lot of MAF.ias and they work well - you do need the tune compensated though.

If you go blow through, like most ProChargers, be sure the MAF tube is the same diameter as the MAF housing. May mena custom pipe fabrication. No reducers rright at the MAF or you ruin laminar airflow and cause driveability problems that will never be able to be tuned around.

Mail order tunes are not like they used to be inthe old chip only days. Nowadays with the SCT XCal 2's (and X3's) you can datalog - makes a big difference. Here's how we do it - we sell you an Xcal 2 with base tunes on it - we also supply instructions for datalogging. You email me a log, and I email you an updated tune. We keep doing that until it it is nailed. That does NOT do WOT tuning though. To do that, you either need a wideaband or you need to take it to a dyno and have it checked. We send instructions for that too - you send the XCal log and the dyno WB data and we adjust the tune. You may even be able to adjust it yourself with the Xcals on-device adjustability it it's not too far off.

Good luck! If you have any questions, I'll be happy to help - email me at [email protected]

Im making over 500rwhp and my injectors aren't maxed. My friend in his 03 Cobra was making 550rwhp and his weren't maxed out either.

Interesting. Mine are going 100% duty cycle @ 5500RPMs JUST after my fuel pump goes 100%. Could be that the fuel pressure is dropping and they are compensating :shrug: . But they are at around 95% even before my fuel pump hits 100%....so I thought I was on the edge.
Maybe I wont have to change them :D Another GT pump is already on the way so we will see what that does.