Lightning question

Discussion in 'SVT Tech Forum' started by DieselJim, Aug 7, 2004.

1. DieselJim

DieselJim New Member

I recently picked up my 04 Lightning, and am wondering if this truck will benefit in the same way my old 7.3L Diesels did, by installing a shift kit in the 4R100 tranny. Lots of wasted torque, as I can feel. '

One other question. I have an 03 Cobra, too. I like that 6sp tremec, and am wondering if there is any chance I can mate a tremec to the Lightning's 5.4.

Thanks in advance. Looking for suggestions, not smart a$$ replies, as is often the case on this forum. :rlaugh:

2. bullittmcqueen

bullittmcqueen New Member

i think a shift kit is worth more for the maintenance of the transmission that the performance added. i know for one that adding a transgo to my truck has extended the life of it. and of course it will allow you to make use of that power a little better. but like i said, i look at a shift kit as more of an insurance policy... :nice:

i have seen talk of a manual conversion on a lightning.....here is the thread if you want to read it over........

http://www.got-pressure.com/yabbse/...ion=display;threadid=2134;start=0;boardseen=1

3. KB ZILLA

KB ZILLA Founding Member

You should install a Factory Tech Vavle Body in the transmission....it is probably one of the best "Bang for the Buck" mods you can do to a Gen 2 Lightning :nice:

Go here to get the best pricew and service FTVB LIGHTNING

4. 99 SVT Bolt

99 SVT Bolt Founding Member

I have the FTVB. It's good stuff!