Lingenfelter heads and Joe overton cam Dynojet #s

LPE Z CONVT

Mar 12, 2004
Indiana
I took the car to Mroze auto in Merriville, Indiana to do some tuning and get some #s on a dynojet ... First, the guy that owns the place was very helpful and would recomend his services to anyone... Also thanks to Ion Solton (Madz28.com for his tuning on the dyno.... All #s are SAE corrected... The car made 385.52rwhp and 361.72 rwtq with 12.8 to 13.0 air /fuel N/A.... Then we turned the bottle on with the 175 jets the car made 529.60rwhp and 528.22rwtq with a fat 11.3 air fuel.... All on stock bottom end.... Now it is time to make the car hook If anybody wants a good place to dyno tune your cars and you are from this area i would look this guy up. He has a brand new dynojet with the lift just like the one at speed inc....

• Sponsors (?)

wytstang said:
Those are great ##s. Is this with a 302/331/347? If thats with a 302 n/a thats amazing.
Sorry man i should have gave more info.. The car is a 95 z28 convertible with a stock bottom end heads cam car...I was talking to a few guys on here about dyno#s and track times a while back and just thought i would post the results....

Thanks Chris

i was a little confused at first about this post seeing the ligenfelter name since they are all about corvettes. i thought for a minnute they made mustang parts

HairyCanary said:
So that's a SBC 350 with H/C, right? Not half-bad numbers. Kinda makes you wish for the LS1, doesn't it. A H/C LS1 will hit well over 400 rwhp. :drool:

Dave
Well to be honest those are good #s for an Lt1 .. The car is an auto if it were a 6speed we would have hit 400rwhp.... As for wanting an Ls1 don't think so i like the raw grunt of the LT1 alot more... Do some research alot of Ls1s Head /cam cars are around the #s i put down.... But since we are on the subject what type of #s does your car make :D

LPE Z CONVT said:
But since we are on the subject what type of #s does your car make :D
I apologize, for you seem to have taken offense to my comment. I was never trying to suggest that my little 302, which is almost 15% smaller than your motor, was capable of making similar horsepower.

Dave

Those are nice numbers and everything but just because your on a mustang forum I have to say this..

You need those extra cubic inches and horsepower just to pull that heavy ass bitch im sure...

GM just never really got the idea of higher hp and less weight for some reason...

HairyCanary said:
I apologize, for you seem to have taken offense to my comment. I was never trying to suggest that my little 302, which is almost 15% smaller than your motor, was capable of making similar horsepower.

Dave
I did somewhat because lets look at the facts... Stock LT1 275 fwhp = 245-250rwhp.. I gained 135rwhp from heads and cam i feel that is good.. Stock LS1 rated 305fwhp = 290-305rwhp add heads and cam you get 400-450rwhp... The gains are the same i don't feel LS1s are any better of a car they just have more power from the start....BTW an LS1 is smaller than an LT1 so size doesn't always matter its how the parts work together... Hey i do have a question for you what kind of power will a 306 stroker with 185 afr heads make power wise? A friend on mine just bought one.... I went from a roll in 1st last night against it in my stock 97SS and pulled a car on him through part of 3rd gear before i let off

LPE Z CONVT said:
I did somewhat because lets look at the facts... Stock LT1 275 fwhp = 245-250rwhp.. I gained 135rwhp from heads and cam i feel that is good.. Stock LS1 rated 305fwhp = 290-305rwhp add heads and cam you get 400-450rwhp... The gains are the same i don't feel LS1s are any better of a car they just have more power from the start....BTW an LS1 is smaller than an LT1 so size doesn't always matter its how the parts work together...
I don't really buy that argument. That the LS1 makes more power with less cubes is a testament to Chevrolet's tuning from the factory. What I find impressive is how much more power the LS1 makes with 4 less cubic inches -- assuming you are allowed to spend any amount of money on either motor. The LS1 is definitely a nicer motor -- but it's also a much, much newer design.

Hey i do have a question for you what kind of power will a 306 stroker with 185 afr heads make power wise?
Impossible to say. My combo only makes 280 rwhp, which is pretty pathetic for what it is. GTJake has an almost identical setup to mine, and he makes 325 rwhp, which is considered pretty good for a 302. So I would expect a AFR 185 / 306 combo with a good cam to make anywhere from 280 to 330 rwhp. Or more. Or less. :shrug:

And BTW, a 306 is NOT a stroker.

Dave

HairyCanary said:
I don't really buy that argument. That the LS1 makes more power with less cubes is a testament to Chevrolet's tuning from the factory. What I find impressive is how much more power the LS1 makes with 4 less cubic inches -- assuming you are allowed to spend any amount of money on either motor. The LS1 is definitely a nicer motor -- but it's also a much, much newer design.

Impossible to say. My combo only makes 280 rwhp, which is pretty pathetic for what it is. GTJake has an almost identical setup to mine, and he makes 325 rwhp, which is considered pretty good for a 302. So I would expect a AFR 185 / 306 combo with a good cam to make anywhere from 280 to 330 rwhp. Or more. Or less. :shrug:

And BTW, a 306 is NOT a stroker.
I will have to let the guys know it is not a stroker...
Dave
So a 306 is a 302 30over with stock crank...I thought they would make more power than that...

Then explain why the fastest f-body LT1 and LS1 is a 388 stroker LT1... The LS1s can't catch him .. His name is Joe Overton and his car has ran a best of 9.3@143mph with a1.27 sixty foot.... ALL MOTORThe reason the LS1s run beter is they went to coil on plug design with a new firing order....

moneypit94 said:
Those are nice numbers and everything but just because your on a mustang forum I have to say this..

You need those extra cubic inches and horsepower just to pull that heavy ass bitch im sure...

GM just never really got the idea of higher hp and less weight for some reason...

Thats no **** my car weighs about 4000# with me in it.....

LPE Z CONVT said:
So a 306 is a 302 30over with stock crank...I thought they would make more power than that...
280-330rwhp is pretty good considering the lower compression we run... Stock for a mustang is like 9-9.5:1, but the advantage to that is they are much more blower friendly.. :)

Injection is nice but i would rether be blown... :rlaugh:

LPE Z CONVT said:
The reason the LS1s run beter is they went to coil on plug design with a new firing order....
I have a Chevy friend who will argue that it's a bit more than that :). I do notice that the LS1 looks a lot more like a SBF than a SBC... :shrug: GM must've seen the light... :rlaugh:

Dave

HairyCanary said:
I have a Chevy friend who will argue that it's a bit more than that :). I do notice that the LS1 looks a lot more like a SBF than a SBC... :shrug: GM must've seen the light... :rlaugh:

Dave
I didn't say those were the only reasons their are many factors i just threw a few of the main ones out their..I believe the LS1 has the same firing order as the 302....

LPE Z CONVT said:
I didn't say those were the only reasons their are many factors i just threw a few of the main ones out their..I believe the LS1 has the same firing order as the 302....
Nope. LS1 firing order is 1-8-7-2-6-5-4-3. Ford firing order (including 302, 351W, 4.6L, 5.4 and probably more) is 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8.

Dave