Liquid filled gauge refill?

woody258

May 10, 2003
Oregon
I just bought a fpr and BBk gauge from a guy off Corral. When I got it, the gauge was empty and I believe it's supposed to be liquid filled. It looks like the rubber gasket isn't lined up under the glass face. Am I sol? or can this be fixed. I contacted the seller and he "doesn't remember" it being liquid filled although he said he bought it new. Thanks for any help. It's currently mounted directly to the fpr but I could plug that hole and mount it at the s valve.

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks

Thanks man. I'll give it a try. I did a search but couldn't find any info. I may have to try and get the face off to adjust that rubber seal but I'll fill it first and see if it leaks.

Glycerin is the liquid of choice to use in liquid filled gauges. It doesn't freeze and is viscous enough to dampen vibrations. You can get it at the drug store as an over the counter item, just like asprin or band aids.

Thanks Jrichker,

I had wondered about glycerin but wasn't sure if it would work. Definitely a gude lubricant for moving parts in there. I took the guage face off and reinstalled with some rtv between the lens and body. We'll see if it leaks. If not I guess I'll have to buy a new one. Anyone know of any clearance problems if I run it right off the BBK fpr? I can move it to the schrader valve loc if I need to but I'll need to get the adapter for it.

attachment.php