List Of Cars With Interchangeable 302 Long Blocks?

johnny_261

Dec 10, 2006
Hello,

I didn't some searching on the net and couldn't seem to find a list on this. Basically what I'm was looking to find is the years and models of Ford Vehicles that the long block would be interchangeable for. I have a 95 that needs a rebuild, so was wanting to get a long block and rebuild it (if necessary) and then swap it in to minimize the time that the car is off the road.

Obviously 87-95 mustangs will work, and maybe 85-86 since I think they have the roller cam. But what about F150's, explorers, etc? Does anyone have a solid idea?

Thanks for your input!

• Sponsors (?)

You will probably not find such a list. If it's got a 302 in it and it's not a boat, then the long blocks are swappable. For that matter, you can put pretty much any motor into anything.

What you want though is a 302 roller block. Your best bet might be to find (wait for it Stangnet people) a 302 out of a fuel injected Ford explorer. The heads and intake on those motors are better than the OEM pieces in your Mustang.

You will need to swap over the oil pan and accessories.

If I've forgotten something, I'm sure someone else will chime in.

Good Luck and welcome aboard. :)

You will probably not find such a list. If it's got a 302 in it and it's not a boat, then the long blocks are swappable. For that matter, you can put pretty much any motor into anything.

What you want though is a 302 roller block. Your best bet might be to find (wait for it Stangnet people) a 302 out of a fuel injected Ford explorer. The heads and intake on those motors are better than the OEM pieces in your Mustang.

You will need to swap over the oil pan and accessories.

If I've forgotten something, I'm sure someone else will chime in.

Good Luck and welcome aboard. :)

What is this explorer motor?

Thanks for the responses. I know the explorer motors are better, but because they are better, they also seem to sell for more. All I really need is the short block - planning on running the car in chumpcar and can't change cylinder heads or intake manifold or else major penalties.

I was hoping someone could come up with some more obscure models where I would be able to snag a motor for cheaper. Like those Lincoln mark whatevers - I think those have 302s?