List Your Mods!

Discussion in '2010 - 2014 Specific Tech' started by Noobz347, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Noobz347

Noobz347 Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
    Admin Dude

Showcase:
    Albums:
    What were your first mods?
    What did you expect from that mod?
    What did you GET from that mod?

Thanks!

2. ximportdriver

ximportdriver Active Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    My mods on my 2013 were done in this order:
    1. GAS - 3dCarbon front splittler, CS side scroops, GT500 rear wing, Roush 20" Painted-Hyper Black rims, Falken Azenis tires, V6 side mirrors
    2. American Muscle - GT500 axle back, SCT iTSX
    3. Les Schwab - Eibach Pro Kit and adjustable panhard bar

I won the car from MustangCustomizer.com, and my prize was the car built by GAS nearly exactly how I built it online. I didn't choose the Falkens, but they seem like high quality tires. All looks and aesthetics. I didn't get to choose any of the interior options, including the choice between auto and manual, and Ford selected the auto on my behalf.

I went with the GT500 axle back set to give a louder rumble on WOT but no drone and still quiet idle, and I preferred filling in the rear valence gaps with 4" exhaust tips as opposed to the stock 3" tips. I obtained the SCT iTSX so that I can change the way the auto select-shift responds, since from the factory it is ridiculously slow. BAMA custom tune FTW.

I went with the Eibach Pro Kit and adjustable panhard bar per the recommendations of 04sleeper. His stance was sweet, so I stole the look and ran with it. Purely aesthetic decision as the stock ride was quite fine.

That's all the mods I intend to do with this vehicle. It's an automatic and it is a timeless and priceless sentimental car that will stay in my family hopefully for generations to come, so not looking to mod it any further. Mustangs come and Mustangs go, so I expect another one to come in my future that I will go mod crazy on.

3. 04sleeper

Founding Member

Albums:
    Thanks James. I saw the video of you winning. Congratulations! I'm not sure what I would have done if I won a car!

I went with suspension mods first. Suspension is one thing that I always address on any Mustang right away. I know most people go for the "Go Fast" parts first, but they do no good unless you can get it to the ground.

I plan on swapping the motor for a Ford Racing Aluminator and installing a twin turbo set up I have always run my cars on E85 so I plan on sticking with it.

Should be fun with 1000 RWHP and an auto. :)

4. Noobz347

Noobz347 Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
    Admin Dude

Showcase:
    Albums:
    I'd like to see some dyno data from a tune and long tubes on these cars. I hear that the install is not too bad if you get it up on a lift and drop (or least disconnect) the k-member.

5. Husky44

Husky44 Active Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    Jason:

Congrats on the win! Saw the video, made my eyes a little misty. That was so cool! Makes me proud of Ford.

Gotta agree with 04Sleeper--suspension mods are top priority--these cars are making plenty of power, they just need to get it to the ground effectively (and safely). My 13 is all stock right now (except for a Bob's Oil Catch Can), and is tucked away for the winter, which I will spend researching and trying to figure out how to get it to hook.

6. ximportdriver

ximportdriver Active Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    Thank you, 04sleeper and Husky44. To avoid confusion, my name is James. But, hey, it's all good. I'm really glad to be back in a Mustang, and it feels good modding it a bit myself this time rather than buying it modded already. As I said before though, I don't plan on modding any further. Unless a CAI releases in CA that is CARB approved, since I haven't found one yet that would be worth the investment.

7. jjaym33

jjaym33 New Member

Hey 04sleeper, I didn't know you were over here too. Jayman33 over on DFW.
    I'm on par with everyone else as well, the ground up is how I work even though I usually get an axleback first. I would list my first mods but I don't really remember. I've gone through so much parts on this car its pretty crazy. Its got a good amount of parts on it now but she's about to go into hibernation. I'm looking to pick up a second car, either a 2013 Leguna or even a Camaro 1LE so I can venture out a bit more with the company.

James, congrats on winning that Mustang. Thats gotta be such a great feeling.

8. 04sleeper

Founding Member

Albums:
    Been here since 2002. Lol

Sorry for the mix up James!

ximportdriver likes this.
  9. Husky44

Husky44 Active Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    It's obviously too late for that, for me anyway. :confused:

So I'll extend my congrats to you to, James!

ximportdriver likes this.
  10. sea ya

Founding Member

where are we going,& why am i in this handbask
    In SIG.