litterbugs

streethorse

15 Year Member
Oct 8, 2005
Dallas Texas
Why do people throw lit cigerettes out the window, this really ticks me off.
I am driving to work today and I see a hand stick out of the window of the car ahead of me and I say to myself... not again. They always hold the butt way
up in the air with sparks flying, then release, some times it bounces up in my radiator or even over the hood. I call that littering, plus its a fire hazard here
since we have been in a major drought. Put that sob out at least, I know some cars have no ash tray these days, but I do have a suggestion for smokers on what to do with thier lit butts. :rlaugh:

• Sponsors (?)

My Mazda didn't come with an ashtray or a lighter. So I borrow my Mustang ashtray but when I forget it, I use a soda can. I hate it when a cigarette butt comes flying back at me on the road especially when my top is down.

i get very pissed off about this especially when im driving my bike and someone throws it out the window and it hits me. ive had them actually burn a hole in my pants before cause it landed in my lap and then sometimes it hits me in teh face. thank god that i have my face shield down when this happens or else i would burn my face.

you are dealing with people who are spending alot of money to stink, turn their teeth yellow, raise their insurance rates, annoy other people, and ultimately kill themselves. do you really expect them to use some sort of logic when disposing of their cigarette butts?

Go to hell.
Logic is not cramming fifty of them into the ashtray in the car (which I dont have in the first place) and having them stink your **** up..And dont say the smoke does, because I do a pretty damn good job keeping it out of the car.

I hate it too. I got them back though. My bumper has some metal supports on the bottom. Well when I hit a construction zone in the middle of Atlanta apparently one of the rivets came out so one of the supports came loose. I drove over a concrete bridge and it had a bump. Anyway, the shower of sparks that came under and over my car scared EVERYONE around me. Take that!

I used to smoke myself, and while I did toss mine out the window myself, I never did it with someone right behind me just because I wanted to atleast be courteous about it. Even if I got damn close to burning myself, I would wait till a better opportunity.