Little help please - passenger side accessory bracket

GRGT1994

Sep 22, 2004
A couple of weeks ago, my serpentine belt bit it. It came partially off and got quite chewed up. I knew immediately something was wrong because the power steering went out. Well, I thought it was because I was using a belt that was just a bit too short, and the tensioner was past spec (and I had just pulled a stupid tire spinning take off). Anyway, put a new one on, and it happened again yesterday. Well this time the issue was obvious. One of the bolts holding the passenger side (alternator) accessory bracket had completely fallen out. I can wiggle the alternator about 3/4 of an inch back and forth. Well, there's your problem.

Anyway, my two questions are:

Which components am I going to need to pull to get to all the accessory bracket bolts?

Can I order replacement bolts from Summit Racing?

I rebuild my top end with an HCI install, so I have been through the tear down of both sides of the accessories. But that was a couple of summers ago. So if someone has done this recently, I'd appreciate your thoughts. Really, I'm just trying to figure out how much tear down time I'm looking at. Also, how many bolts hold that bracket on? I plan to replace all the bolts while I'm at it.

As far a Summit Racing, I've ordered from them before. But I've ordered from Brothers and 50Resto too (Jeggs I think too). Anyway, I wasn't sure if this was a bolt kit I could find at any of those.

Thanks for the help.

• Sponsors (?)

home depot is your friend. i found grade 8 hardware there that met my needs as far as the accessory brackets go. if you do need to replace them, the only thing you need to remove to reach them is the tensioner which is held on my a fairly large torx head bolt. i cant remember the correct size though since it has been years.

I just had the whole front of my motor apart painting stuff so I just did all that. Like Green said Home Depot, or my preference, Lowes, will have whatever you need. Other than that, the alt. access. bracket comes off real easy, just the tensioner then a few other bolts. The driver side is a bit tougher since you need a puller for the ps pulley, but that's not exactly your issue at this point.:D Good luck.

Thanks guys. Good to hear from the same folks who helped me through a bunch of my mods a year or so back.

Since I'm down a bolt, I need to dig up the specs (length, thread pitch, etc.). Any suggestions?