little more progress on the 66.

old_blue

15 Year Member
Nov 3, 2003
interior is cleaned out. Gonna start prepping it and painting it with either POR 15 or may just do the truck bed liner. Only rust that needs work is on the pass side C pillar. ALready sanded most of it off and will POR 15 both C pillars since that looks to be a trouble spot. floor boards are better than I thought so will probably truck bed liner the floors. sorry no pics. Wife is out with the camera taking photos with santa.... kinda weird as Santa looks like our gardner and she has been out to see him twice.

• Sponsors (?)

it is still solid, just surface rust. C pillars are hard to get to as the interior has the reenforcement piece making it hard to grind it all out. grinder wont fit in some areas. mostly want it to stop it from spreading. por15 because once it applied it will be good. the interior panels and headliner will be in there. no need to primer it as it wont be painted.

Well epoxy primer is the best possible thing to use. I do restoration work for a living (currently doing a full resto on a 66 coupe myself at the shop). I don't really like POR15, it doesn't look nice and even tho they say it seals rust, I'm still not convinced it works. Post up some pics of her!!!! Here's how the 66 im doing looks right now haha
DSCN3835.jpg

quick question on the exterior, I dont plan on painting it for a while so I need something on there that will be okay for about a year and not degrade too much. that epoxy primer be ok?