Live axel saves $300 on 2005 Stang

Would you by IRS if it was offered for $300 on the '05 Mustang

• Yes, I'd buy IRS for $300

Votes: 30 62.5%
  • No, I'd rather spend the $300 on another option

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters
I dunno why everyone can't just agree that the IRS should be an option. This deep thought stuff about what the Mustang "should be" is getting pretty old. I love the IRS on my Cobra, more than a GT's live axle, but that doesn't mean the upcoming live axle won't be sweet and I wouldn't want it. Since no one here's driven this car yet we just don't know.

And I imagine this will start another 2 pages of argument... but the Corvette's IRS hooks better than a Mustang's live axle (unmodded). Any car with 350hp and low-rpm torque that barely squeaks the tires when you stomp on it from a dead stop has exceptionally great traction, and in the Corvette, that's an IRS. For those not in the regular drag-racer club, it can be done people, in the right application.

The best scenario would be to have it as an option, period.

-Chris

• Sponsors (?)

KidTwist51 said:
I dunno why everyone can't just agree that the IRS should be an option. This deep thought stuff about what the Mustang "should be" is getting pretty old. I love the IRS on my Cobra, more than a GT's live axle, but that doesn't mean the upcoming live axle won't be sweet and I wouldn't want it. Since no one here's driven this car yet we just don't know.

And I imagine this will start another 2 pages of argument... but the Corvette's IRS hooks better than a Mustang's live axle (unmodded). Any car with 350hp and low-rpm torque that barely squeaks the tires when you stomp on it from a dead stop has exceptionally great traction, and in the Corvette, that's an IRS. For those not in the regular drag-racer club, it can be done people, in the right application.

The best scenario would be to have it as an option, period.

-Chris

:nice:

Maybe a letter writing campaign to Ford would be a good idea. Since the ccar will apparently accept an IRS system, and the fact that production is months away, there may be time for Ford to find a way to make IRS an option...

There is no substitute for public outcry, when it comes to getting what you want from a company in the business of making money. Ford knows that and perhaps they just misjudged the public demand for IRS.

One thing is for sure... beating the topic to death on this forum isn't going to advance the cause of people who would prefer IRS.