Live Wires?

randyp83

May 10, 2004
Maysville, NC
I figured it was way past time to change the spark plug wires/ spark plug on my bone stock 5.0 I bought last month since the original spark plug wires are on it. I bought Live wires and Live wire coil pack from Late Model Restoration. It said it need to get different spark plugs from stock but I could really find anything other than stock spark plugs on their website. Which spark plug would you guys recommend and where to buy them from? Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

I had those on my MR2 way back in the day. I didn't remember that it needed a different plug until you mentioned it. It needs a super low impedance plug or something like that. We never got them to work right, and took them back off. We tried several different wires before going back to the stock wires.

Kurt

I bought Live Wires and the Screamin' Demon coil pack for both my Mustangs, directly from Performance Distributors. The Live Wires didn't seem to make any difference, but their coil pack did. With the OEM coil pack, it felt like the engine dropped off a bit of power as the engine revved closer to the red line. With the Screamin' Demon Coil, it felt like the engine kept pulling hard all the way up. I have no numbers to back this up, and it's possible my OEM coil was just worn out. All the same I do like the Performance Distributor parts.