local junkyards

• Sponsors (?)

How often does pullapart have a 5.0? lol never! They do have some good deals, They had a few supercoupes that I was going to pull the superchargers off and they charged like 38 bucks for them, came back next day w/ tools to get them and all 3 were gone!!!

grey5.0beast said:
How often does pullapart have a 5.0? lol never! They do have some good deals, They had a few supercoupes that I was going to pull the superchargers off and they charged like 38 bucks for them, came back next day w/ tools to get them and all 3 were gone!!!

I've been to pull-a-part at least 6 times this year and every time I have seen at least 2-3 5.0s, and at least one was an HO everytime. You cant just look for mustangs to get engines you want.

Go after a roller 5.0 out of a mercury grand marquis or crown victoria. Everything should be the same, but for the cam and intake. If you are going to be upgrading h/c/i anyway, there's no reason not to go after one of these.

Another tip is to look in Lincoln LSC's; they came with the same exact HO engines as the mustangs, but all were speed density v.s. mass air, which makes no difference in regards to the longblock. A lot of the hillbilly's that have yards around here won't let you touch a mustang, but don't bat an eye at you pulling the identical engine out of an LSC.

795.0pacecar said:
I've seen V8 stangs at the one in connely but they are normally picked clean.

thats how we find them here too.

i been to woodys a coupe of times and once i found a 5.0 HO in the bacj trunk of a LSC. yeah thats right. in the trunk. i guess someone pulled it and hide it.

pick and pull up here last week had to 5.0 verts there, but a day later when my dad went back just abour everything from them were gone.

75 per motor if you pull it, 115 if they do for ya.

The local u-pull yart has TONS of 5.0 HO motors. There are only about 4 5.0 stangs, but they stripped bare, then about 6-7 4 bangers. tons of trucks, exploders (no 5.0 ones) vans, rangers....and a loads of everything else. they get fresh stuff in all the time too which is nice. Sometimes the guys a prick, like today he wanted me to pay 11 bucks per IAC (selling to a friend)...what a rip off when you have 100's in the yard.