Local Stealership=Boobs

LIZARDKING

Nov 16, 2004
Hell
Jim Click Ford in Tucson, what a bunch of boobs. I stopped by today to check out the service department. My F150 is due an oil change and the Mustang will be due about a month from now.

So after chatting with the service folks I stroll around the lot to look the new Stangs over. I wanted to see a GT with the hoodscoop and I wanted to check out the new V6 spoiler.

I walk up to the first GT and notice the $3000 market adjustment next to the window sticker. About that time a salesman swoops in on me. Im laughing and I point to the market adjustment sticker and ask him if they are kidding. He says thats the going price on a 07 GT. I tell him I can buy 06 or 07 GTs all day for up to $2000 under msrp, and only a fool would pay msrp, much less more.

The salesman tells me to come back when Im serious about buying a car and walks off.

Jim Click Ford isnt going to be my local Ford Dealer.

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to New Car Dealerships located west of the Rockies, Geo. Where the 1,000 sq. Ft. house costs $600,000 K and cars go for nothing less than $5,000 above MSRP.

How is the lovely land of AZ treating you Friend?

~J~

Its a pretty common sales ploy. They start with an ADM and then offer that much off making you think you're getting a real deal. If you want the best deal work with a dealership's internet sales department. That usually leads to the best price.

Of course, you can also simply come with a serious offer to purchase and back it with proof, such as a down payment in cash, check or credit card...

A lot of times, a dealer won't talk price ( and shouldn't ) until you're serious. Until that time they don't care much about what you think of the price.....

Take it from a fomer salesperson....Ask fiveofanatic...I sold him his Cobra, lol.....

Im not even talking to a Dealer that puts a "market adjustment" price on a new car. I can fly to Little Rock for $99, buy a new Mustang GT for 2K under msrp, and drive it home. It will cost me about $500 and 3 days roundtrip, but it beats paying 30K for a car I can buy for 25K.

Jenn, Tucson is treating me just fine. Im loving the weather, like the people, lots to see and do. I went to my first roller derby match tonight, tossed back a few, and had a great time. When you go to bed here, you just cant wait for tomorrow!

Well, you could go to that extreme I suppose. If its worth it to you to travel across the country to get what you think is a sure thing and putting a ton of miles on your brand new car, not to mention whatever dings, chips and other maladies that can come with travelling cross-country, or you can go to this dealer and offer a serious price, which your 2K under msrp might be, or you could drive 2 hours north to Phoenix and visit any one of the many Ford dealerships there, such as Berge, Sanderson, Five Star, Bell or Earnhardt's. Though I'd avoid Earnhardt's. They advertise 'No Bull' but they use ADMs too....

The choice is yours, but driving cross country seems a little excessive.

I live in San Francisco, which is certainly a high cost living area. I went across the bay to Broadway Motors in Oakland (don't like the SF Ford dealer). No haggling, no hassle. They ordered a 2007 Mustang GT to my specs for about $500 over dealer invoice, which came to about $1300 under MSRP. I figure that, with the holdback, they made about $1300 on the deal. Hey, they are there to make a profit. I happened to be dealing with the fleet sales manager (no, I don't buy a lot of vehicles--he's the one who answered my e-mail). So there was no checking with anyone else to see if the deal would be approved. The fleet sales manager telephoned me to tell me when the car was scheduled for production, and then he called again when my Mustang was on the railroad car. Now this is neat--he gave me the Web site where I could go to track the progress of the railroad car from Kansas to California. My Mustang was delivered sparkling clean with a full tank of gas. There is at least one reasonable dealer west of the Rockies.

Get a X-Plan PIN (or A-Plan PIN if you have family who works for Ford, or Z-plan PIN if you have family who is a Ford retiree, or D-plan PIN if you have family that works at a dealership) and stroll in. Pick whatever GT you want for slightly under invoice. Take the ADM sticker and throw it in their general direction as you peel out from the dealership :D :nice:

I thought the X plan, A plan etc. were not being accepted on the Mustang GT. That was at least true initially. The salesman I deal with told me he could not get a discount on a Mustang GT. And I have discovered (I can buy on X plan) that if you use one of these plans you are much better off to not trade anything in. The dealer will give you less on a trade with such a plan so he can make up what he looses on the trade.

the dealer is not obligated to sell you a car at x plan. stan, wehen you bought your car, mustangs were the hottest thing on the lot. they would hardly budge from sticker (or over in some areas), so they would never accept any of the plans becauser they could sell the car for more to someone else. now that it is not as hard to find the car you are looking for on the lot, they are more willing to accept the discount plans.

The dealer is not obligated to accept it, but you are not obligated to buy from such a greedy dealer. Try the general sales manager or the fleet manager.

Some of the sales people at the dealership said the X-Plan wasn't available for the GT with the 5-speed manual. I asked a different sales person and he said, sure we can accept it! The general sales manager came over and we shot the breeze about the Shelby GT and the GT500 (They actually knew about the GT and not just the GT500).

If your dealer will NOT accept the X-Plan on a 2007 mustang GT, go elsewhere. It is as simple as that.

Sorry for the ignorance, but what is the X-plan, A-plan, etc...?

X-Plan is given to friends/neighbors of Ford employees... OR to Ford shareholders, special aviation club members, and there are some other ways of getting it. It's [0.996 * Dealer Invoice) + $75 or effectively invoice or a few bx under invoice. You give the salesperson your X-PIN (obtained either from a ford employee or through the membership at FAA or from Ford as a shareholder.

A-plan is for Ford employees (about $1500 under invoice or so), Z-plan is the same as A-plan but it is for retirees.

D-Plan is for Ford dealership employeees and is a few hundred more than A-Plan.