location of water temp gauge sender

Jason 302

10 Year Member
Aug 9, 2003
Newark, Ohio
I haven't been able to drive my car because of snow or I would just unplug one of the ones I think it is and drive to see if the gauge works but.........

The black tubes that run to the firewall connects to the lower, then a little behind it is some sort of sensor. Then on the other side of the lower there is another sensor which I think is it, correct? I want to know so when I put my auto meter gauges in I'll know which one it is. Thanks guys.

• Sponsors (?)

Jason 302 said:
I haven't been able to drive my car because of snow or I would just unplug one of the ones I think it is and drive to see if the gauge works but.........

The black tubes that run to the firewall connects to the lower, then a little behind it is some sort of sensor. Then on the other side of the lower there is another sensor which I think is it, correct? I want to know so when I put my auto meter gauges in I'll know which one it is. Thanks guys.
It's the one in the middle of the picture between the distributor and the #5 injector. You can also see the old harness laying beside it. The sensor in the "black tube" is the one that tells the ecm the engine temp. AKA...ECT (engine coolant temp) sensor.
415844_83_full.jpg

Jason 302 said:
Thanks guys, that's the one I figured, now I know what the other one is too.
Pro50SC, is that an auto meter sender? Did it come with the right size fitting to thread into the intake?
Yes and ....yes. :nice: Click on my link in my sig and you can see how I mounted then in the car. :D Better yet I'll just show ya.
415844_18_full.jpg

415844_19_full.jpg

415844_20_full.jpg

Sweet. I guess I forgot to ask if it's an electrical or mechanical gauge too. I think those phantom gauges look good against a black dash, I think that's what I'll probably get. I'm goina get the cage that goes where the middle vents are, the dual ones that still keep the little vents on the side. Water temp and oil press.

Jason 302 said:
Sweet. I guess I forgot to ask if it's an electrical or mechanical gauge too. I think those phantom gauges look good against a black dash, I think that's what I'll probably get. I'm goina get the cage that goes where the middle vents are, the dual ones that still keep the little vents on the side. Water temp and oil press.
They're all electrical except for the vac/boost gauge.