Long read w/Q's

What's up everyone?
Alright I'll try to make this somewhat short I have tried some searches but didn't really find anything that give me any ideas or any help.
As you all know i just got done my swap of t/c suspension and rear w/disk. Well going from 7.5-4.10's and 15" rims to a 8.8 373's w/16's.
Unfortunatly, I'm right back to square one.
Well now I'm going to try to get some more torque to the rear hopefully.
Some of the questions i have is Will i get more out of my roller by running mass air?
Can i use La3,brown tops and a big vam on a N/A and will it help? or nothing at all?
Also I am not one of those people that can read maps and figure what lift or duration does what. I am looking for a really good streetable cam. Idle and lopynees i am not worried about. I guess not to extreme though. The head i will be ruuning is a well ported D port w/oversized valves when i find them. I also plan on using nitrous and a turbo block with 30 over forged pistons ofcourse!!
I would like to mill the head 70 thousandths.

Also i am cleaning up the engine bay of wires routing them through the fenders and getting rid of things i don't need and placing the battery on the passenger side. Was going to put it in the trunk just don't like the idea of it being there when i have my kids in the car.

Plan on using the T/C fan and noticed the blades weren't the same. I know for high and low can you still run them both same time on the same circuit?
Or will just the high speed side do fine?
I was going to run them off my switch with a 30 amp relay or to the La3 if i can use it!!
Also wanted to know if i can get rid of the cruise control and the other two relay boxes under the dash without effecting the car?

Take in mind I am presently taking a break from life and raising my son. My girl has the good job w/benefits. Were far from rich but my B-day is next week and told me to pick something i want.
So i am in search for a cam i think!!
Or if i can use the T/C puter and such and get some gain then i will invest in a 225lph FP and a FPRw/gauge. I am trying to get this done by memorial day I plan on taking my son to meet my dad for the first time In Maine. I havent seen him in 6yrs since my mom died and he is just one of them types that figures i won't amount to nothing if you know what i mean so i would like to impress him with something i built w/my hands. I know sounds stupid coming from a 32 yr old, but i want to rub things in good and say look at me now!!!!
I appologize for the long read I was sick last week and got nothing done so i am playing catch up for a week lost. I apprecciate any info you all can give me!!!

• Sponsors (?)

As far as cams go you can look at swapping in a roller cam & followers found in Mustangs 91-93 and some Rangers. I believe that particular cam upgrade will give approximately a 10-12hp gain and keep fuel economy the same if not increase it, so that is always a good way to go. There is also a cam called an A237 cam that will swap into these motors nicely. I don't know too much about that one, but I believe that it makes more power than the roller + follower setup. Run a search for 'A237' and you should get some good info.

Milling out your head is a good idea. However, keep in mind that the more you mill off, the higher your compression is going to go therefore meaning you are going to need to pump higher octane more expensive fuels. .070" sounds not too bad though, but again, run a search for 'head milling' and see what info you can take from that. I'm thinking that by milling off .070" you are probably going to want to pump 89 octane fuel. I think bhuff30 milled off .060" and saw an increase in fuel economy, I'm not sure of the power gains though. Hopefully he'll chime in. Come to think of it, I also think he swapped in an A237 cam, so he would be the guy to talk to about that.

To the best of my knowledge brown top fuel injectors are 35lb so that would not help you out too much in a naturally aspirated motor. It will probably decrease both economy and power by having it run too rich. I am just assuming that these brown top injectors are 35lb because a lot of turbo guys use those and t/c have 35lb injectors I believe. Run a search on 'injectors' or 'brown tops' for more info.

That's about all the help that I can give ya. Hopefully all of the info I gave is correct and if I was mistaken on something then hopefully somebody will correct me. Good luck.

By what i have read and heard from people that the a237 is a roller cam. Which i am already running a ranger roller.
I don't think i care for it much at all. Seems to go dead and not carry me up there like i want it too!!
I would like to find a more aggressive cam that i can keep my roller followers and just drop it in to keep the friction down. I figured if i could use the la3 brown tops with the big vam. Then i would beable to up the fuel and have a better tune of things with the la3.
I'm sure somebody has done this in will chime in like you said. Thanks for the info!!

I don't mean to be offensive, but if you do a scad of things to it and raise the n/a power by 50 horsies, it's still gonna be a dog by today's standards. I'd just tune it, drive it, enjoy it. Save your efforts and money on the svo in your sig.

140cilx said:
It's still gonna be a dog by today's standards. I'd just tune it, drive it, enjoy it. Save your efforts and money on the svo in your sig.

exactly........or save up the money for a turbo project and just drop a whole T/C motor into it. That will make ur dad crap his pants.