long tube headers?? Help.

Hey guys, im doing a 302/351 swap with a c6. Will get a built c4 one day...but for now..will long tube headers fit in there? I have an 87 GT. Anyone who has first hand knowledge? Thanks everyone in advance.
Derek

• Sponsors (?)

I been some research for the same question. This is what I found.

Koots will fit. $$$$$
I'll assume you mean kooks.
Probably the nicest headers you can buy.
But, i'd call them, most of their parts are made to work with the rest of their stuff, not other companies parts.
So headers may also mean midpipe too.

Thanks guys

THanks to all of you who replied..the motor and trans are still out of the car.. i'll check out kooks long tube headers, and i'll probably buy the midpipe there as well just to make sure. ...now i am just assuming here but, it IS easier to install the motor and trans AFTER i bolt on the headers?.. This is my first time pulling a motor and installing one, my plan is to install mid pipe and headers, then to install motor and trans as one unit....anyone see any problems with that? ANY tips at all would be appreciated guys .
derek a.k.a rookie motor puller and installer guy.

I'm not totally sure, but i think it's easiest with long tubes to lay them in place in the engine bay, then drop the motor in, bolt them up, then bolt up the mid pipe.
Mid pipe has to go last because the trans has to be in.
Be advised as for kooks makes the best stuff around, it usually costs at least 4 times the price of the rest of the stuff out there.