Long tube issues on my vert

Ok just bought and installed a set of BBK longtubes and H pipe for my 94GT. I havent taken her on the road yet because Im still putting things back together. Now I have two question, has any body else had the fitment problems I did. What i mean is things didn't line up as well as I thought they should have being that there BBK's. Once bolted to the motor didn't line up well with the shortie H pipe. I got it together but it put up a bit of a fight.

The next thing is I don't know about you hard top guy but convertibles have that K support member under the engine. Well it aint going back on after long tubes because they hit on the drivers side. :shrug: So now what. How important is that member does it have to go back on. Have any of you guys modded this support member to fit or is there a special member for this. Any input would be greatly appreciated

• Sponsors (?)

I just talked to a friend who has a 94 vert with bbk longtubes. He had to dremel about 1/4" off the brace to make them fit. I think this is more like ford production tolerances than a bbk discrepancy. Either that or your car was hit and is out of line a bit.

Well I guess it could be a little closer than an inch I'll have to look at it again tommorrow. If your buddy had to dremel some of that brace off Im wondering how strong the brace is now.

Yeah I looked into the Macs and they are cheaper but I didn't like the idea that there were 4 different flanges to deal with. I've been told by a few people that they tend to warp because of that.

I installed my BBK longtubes earlier this month and the only fitment problems I have are the EGR tube from the primary to the EGR and one of the air hoses is a little close to the #1 header. I had no problems mating the H to the headers, but it leaks at the catback...

Have you looked at your engine/tranny mounts? If those are old, warn and squashed, it could create or worsen your fit issue. While you have the engine jacked up for the LT install it's probably a great time to replace mounts. Maybe even go with a tubular K member.

Sorry for the Monday morning quarterbacking on this, as it probably comes a bit late for you. Good luck, and keep us posted on how you proceed.