Long Tubes a waste on N/A cars.

Discussion in 'SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech' started by MustangLife, Feb 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2000GT

2000GT Founding Member

Yes, the LT's produced more avg. rwhp than my curve FROM 5500 RPMS TO REDLINE! Where the heck do your shift your GT at?

I was told the avg. rwhp. would be higher throughout the entire graph. 5500 rpms to redline is hardly the entire graph.

What about the loss of torque on the LT graph and my flat torque curve? Are you going to tell me that means nothing?

I really wish I could get my hands on some LT's Dynojet files so I could graph them against mine. Nobody wants to e-mail their files to me. What are you afraid off?
  2. '01 Steed

'01 Steed Founding Member

You have GOT to be kidding me! I'll say it now...bs!! Timing is everything for an N/A car! Always has been, always will be!! You, my friend, are a troll!
    Oh yeah...no offense.
    Or maybe I read this wrong through the 8 beers I've had so far (wobble, wobble...)

Sponsored Ad

3. '01 Steed

Again, you're manipulating the data by attempting to shorten the power curve on paper. The portion above 5500 must be considered in the average! Also...
    Maybe it's been a while since you've been to the track, but 5500 and up represents a significant amount of time to 1/4 mile guys! Most of these guys run the r's up to 6300+. They aren't running from stoplite to stoplite.
    I don't have LT's (yet), but I'm certainly not going to battle the overwhelming data that has been logged proclaiming their benefit.
  4. Sleeper 362

Sleeper 362 New Member

Well when your buddies are Dan and Chris of True Blue Performance, Mark Riley of Turbo Tune, and Mark Ray of Zues automotive you tend to listen to them. I am not one for name dropping so I don't give my sources away freely. If you don't care about me telling you what my buddies say then you'll believe it when you read it in a magazine. No there is performance to be had but its not worth the money at that level. Thats been the argument the whole time buddy. The whole attitude any performance is worth any money is stupid. If thats the case how is that intake spacer and those underdrives doing? Two more of the biggest wastes in our vehicles. Why don't you dedicate your suspension? You want #'s go buy a used explorer axle and switch to hardened axles $250(since they are 31 spline). Go get uppers and lowers.$450
    Buy some used wheels and tires MT ET DRAG for $300 gain about .8 and blow away any LT 2v with the stock stuff on it. And that will stick with you no matter what you do. If you new what you were doing or talkin about you would see my point. There is so much more to the 1/4 than power. Explain how 300 hp cars run 7's in the eigth? Oh yeah its all the power under the curve right? :rlaugh: :rlaugh: Troll.
  5. Jackie Chan

Jackie Chan I didn't read this. Founding Member

I should call true blue up and ask them how much of a buddy you are:rolleyes: :nonono:
  6. '01 Steed

So now you've moved the argument away from "engine" mods, and placed the emphasis on suspension. Where will this end?????
  7. '01 Steed

"Luke...I am your father. Search your feelings...you know it's true..."
  8. Sleeper 362

Sleeper 362 New Member

Kewl go ahead ask for Chris Retz Phone # 919 989 6789 Tell him its the guy who helped 'Kiss Me''Kiss Me''Kiss Me''Kiss Me' up big daddys dive belt for him and was at GeoSnakes Dyno tune tuesday the 24th of February he was the one who told me that they have a 600 hp 2v with stock manifolds. :owned: Troll :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh:
  9. 2000GT

2000GT Founding Member

[QUOTE='01 Steed]Again, you're manipulating the data by attempting to shorten the power curve on paper. The portion above 5500 must be considered in the average! Also...
    Maybe it's been a while since you've been to the track, but 5500 and up represents a significant amount of time to 1/4 mile guys! Most of these guys run the r's up to 6300+. They aren't running from stoplite to stoplite.
    I don't have LT's (yet), but I'm certainly not going to battle the overwhelming data that has been logged proclaiming their benefit.[/QUOTE]

Whatever - go out an buy LT's and get your gains from 5500 rpms to redline. I'll stick with my stock manifolds, bolt on a TB/plenum and add some more power in 30 mins. flat. I can't wait until it gets warmer outside so I can start posting my trap speeds with my weak, headerless, 250 rwhp GT.
  10. Sleeper 362

Sleeper 362 New Member

[QUOTE='01 Steed]So now you've moved the argument away from "engine" mods, and placed the emphasis on suspension. Where will this end?????[/QUOTE]
    No I'm just pointing out there is a lot performance to be had with that kind of money. Its funny now the tables are turned by someone who knows what they are talkin about yall try to get personal by saying I'm shifting points. My Original point is
  11. Sleeper 362

Sleeper 362 New Member

Oh and by the way I talk to dan a lot more than Chris.
  12. mogs01gt

mogs01gt Founding Member

Hows the curve look?
    [​IMG]

70mm Throttle body, Headers and o/r H with a magnaflow catback. Also a chip and 3.90 gears. Notice how rich the car is also.
  13. '01 Steed

I'm sure your plenum will be way more beneficial than my Bullitt intake w/ twin 57's. :nonono: Oh, and try not to flame...I got it for free!!!

Oh, I'm sorry. Now I'm the one who's shifting the point.
  14. '01 Steed

mogs01gt, That's one nice torque curve!!! I'll bet you get outta the hole real quick!!!
  15. Mustang92

Mustang92 SN's #1 1%er

EDIT: Forget it this isn't even worth my time...

Bill
  16. 68 & 00 GT

68 & 00 GT New Member

this thread is garbage Mustanglife = :notnice:

look what it started.

Yeah don't bother adding anything to your Stang. It's all a waste :rolleyes:
  17. Spreadman

Spreadman two wheels Founding Member

oooook. This is getting old.

When Bill says it ain't worth his time....then the thread is officially overcooked.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.