Long Tubes: Louder or quieter?

• Sponsors (?)

NasaGT said:
Can't have LTs and stock mid-pipe.

I think sound is mostly effected by the mid-pipe and catback. cats/no cats, x or h, chambered, etc... :shrug:
:doh: That's true. I just meant relatively stock, if you just threw LT's on as the first mod.

c2see21 said:
jonjon when i got mine on it actually quieted it down a bit at idle, but when i hammer it, it's definately louder :nice:
Yeah, that's what I thought -should- happen. Louder at WOT but some people were telling me it's quieter... and a few above you posted that it's quieter.
:confused:

Much louder at W.O.T with very little rasp. Very little drone at 2,000 rpm, idle is deeper but no louder than a stock car with weld-in flowmasters. The idle is much much cleaner and more refined than the stock manifolds. My best friend has a 04 Mach 1 with Pro-Chamber and Mac cat-back. Mine is louder at w.o.t but his is louder everywhere else idle cruising etc.. His drones about 7 times louder than mine and we are both off road.

urban96 said:
told u they were quietier jonjon
eh??
:bs:
I bolded the belows.
c2see21 said:
jonjon when i got mine on it actually quieted it down a bit at idle, but when i hammer it, it's definately louder :nice:
el_kid_1 said:
At WOT, my car is much louder...sounds like a beast that wants to kill corvettes!

BNH4.6 said:
Much louder at W.O.T with very little rasp. Very little drone at 2,000 rpm, idle is deeper but no louder than a stock car with weld-in flowmasters. The idle is much much cleaner and more refined than the stock manifolds. My best friend has a 04 Mach 1 with Pro-Chamber and Mac cat-back. Mine is louder at w.o.t but his is louder everywhere else idle cruising etc.. His drones about 7 times louder than mine and we are both off road.

it's like half for quieter, half for louder
:scratch:

urban96 said:
quietier at idle/normal driving but louder at WOT
:fuss: This whole discussion came up when I said my car sounded as loud, if not louder, than the 96-98 Cobra with LT's, o/r x, Mac cat back. And I was like :confused: Shouldn't LT's be louder and you said LT's normally make a car quieter. The context was at WOT :(