longtube headers. cant get them out!

fuzymealchosen1

Jun 10, 2010
got mac longtube headers in a 93 notchback, and they go to close to clutch cable and were melting that and need to make it street legal, anyway we need to take them out,

got the driver side one out, after un bolting the steering thing.

but the passanger side seems like its not gunna come out. its unbolted and everything, just cant get it out now.

do i have to take the motor out to get these things out or waht?

• Sponsors (?)

loosen motor mounts and jack up the motor with a piece of 2by4 between the jack and the motor get wood and put between jack and motor then lift it till you have enough room then take it out from the top or the bottom.

thanks, wow i thought this would be easier. is there anything else i need to loosen other than the bolts on the motor mount? like in the transmission?

Ya, i almost forgot, unbolt the trans mount.
Then everything should lift all at once.

Sounds like alot of work, but with the right sockets in hand, it takes less than 5 minutes.

Ya, i almost forgot, unbolt the trans mount.
Then everything should lift all at once.

Sounds like alot of work, but with the right sockets in hand, it takes less than 5 minutes.

ok that sounds not too bad, 1 more thing, sorry im a noob. where is the trans mount? i assume under the car. but what does it look like?

look under the car where the trans is take out the two nuts inbetween the tranny and the mount but not where it bolts to the unibody, then jack up the motor with a piece of wood in between the jack and motor until you have enough room to take out the header. but jack it up carefully and take a look to see if any thing is in the way and be careful not to damage the body.

edit: you have to lift the front of the car and then put it on jack stands so you can access the nuts and make sure you put a chock behind and in front of the rear wheels.

look under the car where the trans is take out the two nuts inbetween the tranny and the mount but not where it bolts to the unibody, then jack up the motor with a piece of wood in between the jack and motor until you have enough room to take out the header. but jack it up carefully and take a look to see if any thing is in the way and be careful not to damage the body.

edit: you have to lift the front of the car and then put it on jack stands so you can access the nuts and make sure you put a chock behind and in front of the rear wheels.

ok thanks,