Look at what I got my wife for her birthday... DUW

Killercanary

The car that set the bar.
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
Altoona, PA
My wife and I have kicked the idea around for a while now about getting her a "cute little convertible" as she puts it. We were up in the air as to whether or not we should do it, or get ready to start a family. After a lot of discussions on the matter we decided to put the family idea on hold for just a little while and look into getting her a car. She REALLY wanted a nissan 350Z convertible or an audi TT convertible, but they are both too much money for "just a toy" as this car will be. So we went out and drove a miata which we both did not like at all, and finally we came across the MR2 Spyder. Its looks had me up in the air at first as to whether or not I liked it, but after spending a little time with it and taking it for a drive sealed the deal for me. Man, what a fun car! Its like a freaking go kart! My wife had NO idea that I was actually going to buy her one, and she had never even seen the one I bought, so it was a TOTAL surprise for her. I liked this one as it already had the updated 2003 projector head lights with HID, '03 side scoops, '03 tail lights, 17" ASA KA3 wheels, and an AEM CAI. It sounds really good above 4000rpms, and for how little HP it has it pulls it slim 2100lbs around NO PROBLEM! I NEVER thought I'd own a foreign car, let alone a toyota, but so far it seems like a great car, and the gas mileage is AMAZING! Here's some pics...

mollyscar_0198_copy.jpg

mollyscar_0197_copy.jpg

mollyscar_0196_copy.jpg

mollyscar_0195_copy.jpg

mollyscar_0194_copy.jpg

mollyscar_0193_copy.jpg

mollyscar_0183.jpg

mollyscar_0180.jpg

mollyscar_0188_copy.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Yea my friend had a yellow one just like that with an AEM CAI. We took it up to the mtns and he let me drive it. I know exactly what you mean about it sounding good above 4K rpms it really does. Its a fun little car in the twisties, but it just doesnt have the power all of us want lol.

i agree that i never really liked the mr2's, but you have definately bought the best of them...i actually love it considering it isnt a stang... good to see you can buy her a car she really wants... if i was in your position it'd be great to be able to treat her right too... thumbs up on the new ride :nice: :cheers:

you should have bought an 04 cobra vert, or a 05 gt vert or her. either way, it is a nice car. me and my dad have always been intrigued by those since you dont see to may of them. but yea dude, when you get soom booty tonight, hit it once for every one of us in the 94-95 section