Look what i got today!

• Sponsors (?)

tmoss said:
That kit is only ~$15 and is VERY high quality - better than the 1250.
The reason I prefer the 1250 over the MS93334 is when you go to pull the intake back off you spend a lot more time cleaning the gasket off. The 1250 comes off very easy and I have never had a problem with one sealing.

Do you not agree Tom?

gt40_2003wes said:
tmoss would have ported ur stock lower for 100$ including shippin there and back and it will outflow that cobra intake.
Maybe it would out flow it but it would never look as cool under my hood:D , And i beleive once i get heads and get further into my setup i could have him port my cobra lower and that would be better than a stock ported lower right.

04sleeper said:
The reason I prefer the 1250 over the MS93334 is when you go to pull the intake back off you spend a lot more time cleaning the gasket off. The 1250 comes off very easy and I have never had a problem with one sealing.

Do you not agree Tom?

I have found the opposite to be true. The 1250s I used were black treated paper gaskets with sealant beads on them and the paper stuck to the surfaces pretty bad. The 93334 gaskets I have used come of in one piece if not gasket tack is used - I've even re-used a set once in a pinch and they held up just fine.

I'm pretty sure that the 1250 gaskets caused me big problems with stock sized ports. It's been 8 years or so, but I recall that when I dropped in an iron head GT40 crate motor with a stock manifold, the 1250's caused a major vacuum leak under the manifold. The problem was that the port sizes on the 1250's were much larger than the stock sized ports on the stock manifold and iron GT40 heads, and there was a gap open below the ports under the manifold. I remember buying the 1250's because they were "racing" gaskets, but the motor ran like it had a big vacuum leak -- which it did. It took a while to figure it out because the leak was under the manifold, but when I switched to stock Felpro replacement gaskets the problem was instantly solved. The stock Felpro blues are pretty good, so I'd go with those on stock ports. I think if you hold the 1250's up to the port surface of the heads, you'll see what I am talking about -- the bottom of the gasket below the port will probably come real close to leaving an opening into the lifter valley, and on my car it did. Also, don't use the rubber or cork end gaskets that come in the set, use the black gasket maker goo method. Good luck.

tmoss said:
I have found the opposite to be true. The 1250s I used were black treated paper gaskets with sealant beads on them and the paper stuck to the surfaces pretty bad. The 93334 gaskets I have used come of in one piece if not gasket tack is used - I've even re-used a set once in a pinch and they held up just fine.
Hmmmm. Yes the 1250's are black treated paper with "Printo Seals". I just use a very small amount of silicone with my finger around the water jackets (just enough to fill in the imperfections in the metal). Then a dab in 2 other spots just to hold them in place. I have found them very easy to clean off.

I have found that the 93334's are almost like the stock gaskets and required extra work to get them off. Maybe it was just me?

I never had a problem with them sealing though and I have done at least a couple dozen or so intake swaps.