Look what I picked up @ FFW in houston! *PICS*

hotmustang331

Apr 29, 2004
Bastrop,TX
Yea thats right, a NEW HOOD!!!!!!!!!! (EIDT: Updated...daytime pics) We actually went up there pretty much planning on buying one...I had planned on a cowl induction hood. But dang EVERY FREEGIN MUSTANG UP THERE HAS A BACKWARDS HOOD!!!!!!!!!!! It gets old looking at them all...so I decided to pick up a 2000 Cobra R hood :banana:. Looks SOOO awsome, and got plenty of complements before we could finish strapping it to the roof/trunk lol. I really like it alot more than the cowls...and im glad all those cars had them so they got old looking LOL. This will really stand out....and only ONE car up there had a 00R hood. And have only seen 1 or 2 in person before. Pics=night just about an hour ago....will get better ones tomorrow...

How we hauled it.
CodysParts062.jpg

CodysParts063.jpg

CodysParts064.jpg

CodysParts065.jpg

CodysParts066.jpg

And a few shots outsidein the sun...(new pics taken 04/30/06)
CodysParts071.jpg

CodysParts072.jpg

View attachment 473162
View attachment 473164
CodysParts075.jpg

Small damage...
View attachment 473168
View attachment 473170
View attachment 473172
View attachment 473174

Best part is I picked it up for $160 :rlaugh: . It was "damaged" so I got it for a steel....there is 2 things wrong with it.

A. one of the bolt holes for the mounting is stripped (EASY fix)
B. (what he didnt tell us) SMALL little hole in the louver. Looks like someone was attempting to make it functional and gave up. Another easy fix btw.

We are going to make it functional...ill give more updates on that later.

Discuss.

Attachments

• CodysParts062.jpg
    CodysParts062.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 74
  • CodysParts063.jpg
    CodysParts063.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 64
  • CodysParts064.jpg
    CodysParts064.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 68
  • CodysParts065.jpg
    CodysParts065.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 78
  • CodysParts066.jpg
    CodysParts066.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 68
  • CodysParts071.jpg
    CodysParts071.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 78
  • CodysParts072.jpg
    CodysParts072.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 69
  • CodysParts075.jpg
    CodysParts075.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 74
  • Sponsors (?)

Ha, we were definatly getting some looks on the way home :lol: . thought I would share...it was too funny looking to not take a pic of it :D

Its called ghetto rigging :hail2: ....so what methods would the rest of you used? No trailor as I came up there in the GT so I could run it a few times....we will just say I tested out the 315 sumitimoz and didnt get a new best ET or trap LOL.

Car was actually missing down there and was not running right at all. Got back to my 500' elevation and the car runs perfect :shrug: . Probably why I was 2MPH down...that and being full weight + a few things. The sea lv elevation must have made the tune go lean or something.

you bastard! thats the hood i want, the only hoods on stangs here are the 3-4" cowl hoods, i'd be so original.

Props on the towing setup lol, i would be too scared to put duct tape on my baby, i'd probably tie it to the spoiler and just drive really fast so it was like having a parasailor behind me. Hey if the spoiler rips off its a plus anyways.

Actually i have no idea how i would get the hood home :shrug:

:rlaugh: Thanks guys....you all should have see it in person, the nite pics didnt really do it justice LOL. It was pretty funny looking....but oddly enough it was like the car was designed to carry an extra hood right there lol. It fit perfect. But I was VERY picky to make sure any contact areas were well padded. Not one scratch :D.

All the stuff left by the ducttape was removed by me this morning by "bug/adhesive/tar remover" :nice:. There is a little left on the glass, but the stuff on the paint is off...or 99% anyways. Ill check again soon.

Bill yea thats what I like....hood clearance. After talking to Scott about the price of the 5.4 aluminum short block (8K) I am going to put the 5.4 GT heads on a 302 BB 4.6...much cheaper. :D

And yes the downforce helped a tone! I could take the 40MPH curvs @ 105! Oh and no hood pins needed :D It has all the mounting areas...im realy not sure if ill do the pins though at this point :shrug: . Im not into them to much for some reason...

And I want to say that there is nothing wrong with cowl hoods at all, I like them....but after seeing all them up there I wanted to be different, thats all. Cowls look awsome...thus why everyone has them :)